Is Grass Greener?

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Anonymous, Jan 30, 2015 at 1:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking into a position w/ your company-tough situation with current biotech job- always threat of going under- people leaving - territory just got huge with another counterpart leaving and no back fill reps being hired. = a lot of time away from home- wife will kill me to be gone so much. I read posts about forced ranking and quotas -is that ranking within your district? region? How's is that helpful to a team mentality? Are your sales results based on- % to quota/goal? Hated big pharm where regional HMO coverage was considered equally across the nation - that's a laugh nowadays- or the penalty big Pharma imposed if you had a great quarter in sales - and the next month saw an outrageous hike in your quota that penalized great sales . Any thoughts? Also - are call metrics important? tracked? - currently in position where call metrics are not tracked- as long as I make quota -company doesn't care # calls per day. Just make quota!!! "Thanks"- to serious replies !!...and to the replies I know will come - I'll send the typical - "You are a dumbass" - remark -especially to all the posters who inform me on How they did my mother".

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Generally the work place is what you make of it. If you are unhappy, that same discontent will follow you where ever you go. Stay where you are, work on your self awareness and seek a promotion when you are ready. Otherwise you will end up repeating this cycle of discontent for you entire career and miss out on some of the things that really make our industry great.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, we are forced ranked from top to bottom. You have one good bonus period, and you damn sure won't the next. If a new doc moves into your territory, there is no need to call on them because you won't get credit for AT LEAST 6 months, if you can believe that! In the beginning, we were told we were paid on dirt, but that's not the case. Huge % of drugs we compete against are generic. Metrics are tracked, but sales are always weighed more than metrics, as they should be. Sales data is completely inaccurate, creating a lot of frustration. For the most part, managers are really good here. They seem to have common sense, and treat us like what we are, senior reps. All in all, Lundbeck has it's problems, but what company doesn't. We are going to a national meeting, and it appears to be taking on a big pharma tone with a lot of role playing. That's something we haven't really experienced at Lundbeck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everything listed above is true.