how's it like working for Mylan?

Discussion in 'Mylan' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been out of the company for a yr and still in industry but often check this site to see if there are any positive things going on. I guess some things never change. The lifestyles of so many people here who are leaders but involved in extra-marital affairs- inappropriate behavior is unbelievable. Cesspool of affairs- several mangers/regionals cheating on spouses. Where I was located, it was a known thing. Most end in disaster but it doesn't stop people. I hope it gets better here. Whoever posted the thread, hopefully you do your research. Good company but culture wise- pretty scandalous...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a paycheck. Nothing exciting or career shaking.
    Leadership is disjointed and culture is fragmented as a result.
    Ho-Hum. Generic drugs in the land of the lost.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is difficult to stay away from, when it is your manager that is in the term "micromanager."

I have to get approval to wipe my own ass. If I take any initiative at all- My work is ripped apart.

I think my manager is former Al-Qaeda recently released from Gitmo.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like being a dog chasing your tail in circles

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Mylan and have to call BS on the affairs you speak of and have never seen any evidence of it.
    I challenge you or any other employee to give examples of who is cheating!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I'm sure it happens, but no more or less than anywhere else. Boggles my mind why unhappy people don't just leave the company. Rather, they just get on this site and bitch about how bad they have it at Mylan.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tough. things are getting slim over here and competitors are closing in!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worst place I have ever seen or worked. Micro mgmt to the max. Management by fear. No one dares speak up. Zero communication. Zero vision. Run away. Do not come hear.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly, things have taken a seriously bad turn for the field force over the last year. I don't know if it is coming from the top down but we are micro managed like no other sales force in the industry. This is the shit that made me leave big pharma. I'm not exaggerating when I say that we have 5 different "trackers" that we submit either weekly or monthly. These are in addition to the expense reporting (not exactly a quick task). On top of this, we now get these monthly pharmacy reports, med b reports and home health care reports- each of which we are required to analyze and send a report about how we're implementing this data into our call activity. I spend no less than 6-7 hours a week working on this crap and I'm required to do it on my own time because.... my manager analyzes our day to day call activity and we better damn well be in the field from 8:30-5:00 without exception. My manager is constantly bitching about how our team is in the lower-middle of the pack but how can we really focus our efforts with 18 different initiatives?

I miss the old days of "just go out and sell."

We did just that and we loved our jobs.

Now I've got to get back to my sales tracker.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must work for the Sheenster

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, looks like Mylan will cease to exist within the next year. Teva is buying up your stock and they plan on owning Mylan shortly. That nasty micromanaging culture will not fly at Teva. That will have to change.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best thing that can happen is for Teva to OWN Mylan, and it will. It's Hilarious watching the antics, it's KARMA baby! Always remember: What goes around, comes around. The Chairman and CEO are already so ridiculously wealthy, they don't have to want for anything except - Perks and Control. Tears of happiness watching them lose it!

13. The management team that oversees the dock operations at the Morgantown plant are sure nervous. For good reason I might add. Tension is extremely high in the whole place with a lot of anti-Semitic jokes from management.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Mylan has a bunch of anti-Semites working there? Doubtful that will work well for them if Teva ends up owning the company. What kind of culture does this company have? Mylan sounds like a cancer.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management can use the exit door if they think a new company based in Israel is going to put up with anti-Semites. No racists either.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this really is true, then for the first time since we received this news, I'll be praying this Teva deal is a go. My team spends more time on the phone bitching with each other about the micromanagement than we do anything else. It is toxic. I know I should take the high road and be the voice of positive influence but I jut can't anymore. I know that three of us are looking for new jobs and I've been holding out to see what happens with the Teva offer.

I think I'm done waiting. It is time to go.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Mylan manager I know never leaves his house. Except to walk to the pool.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then you never worked in any of the corporate offices, attended a sales meeting or spent any time around the executive team. Worst kept secrets in the sector.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are very much correct. People are breaking up their marriages to be with each other. Affairs are in fact, rampant. Just watch what happens...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does it start at the top and trickle down? I left Mylan several years ago, knowing the environment was out of control then as it still seems now. As a happily married, committed, and loyal spouse, I didn't want any part of it and believe me there was ample opportunity if I did.