Training? Primary Care Sales Representative II

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by Anonymous, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello,

I am interviewing for a Primary Care Sales Representative II position with BI. Wanted to know what to expect in terms of training (how long, where, what it's like).

Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its only an interview. You are being premature...dont be so sure you have it locked in.

Have had interviews and nada.... despite having super duper resume.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on which products you end up with. Most training is one or two weeks at home and a week away. Many launches this year, so lots of meetings and regular away time. More than usual.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you will most likely not get the job

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, gee, ...sometime in the course of the interview (after the standard boiler plate questions of "tell me a time when you..." ) usually toward the end...hopefully the hiring mgr is not hungry and thinking lunch time or 'if I leave now, I'll beat the traffic home' you should get the
    'well now, do you have any questions for me?'..at this point you can insert your question here..it is a nice soft ball question she can answer..I wouldn't lead with the 'what kind of car do I get?" or the classic " what type of drug test screen do they have??" Remember its not about you..its what in it for the guy/gal hiring you...will you make his life as mgr easier/ make him look good to his mgr..etc.. good luck..google this stuff up instead of looking here.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would have to agree that this isn't the best site for getting that kind of information from. Unfortunately it has become more of a pharma gossip / bitching board.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll give you an honest answer...usually home study is about 10 days and training away is about the same. If you are new to BI you will have to do phase 3 training at some point but with all the launches this year it's likely you won't do that for a while. Best of luck.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

phase 3 and phase 4 then the final phase is where your manager bends you over and says its not gonna hurt.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is correct. It didn't hurt a bit. It starts to feel good after a while.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question is who the managers want to hire. Company image and sales results are not a priority with some BI managers.