abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got 1 clue for you..... Libra!! You're either in or out. Those who were hand picked to move this product will make bank. Others on the outside looking in would die to be here.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree this airport rocks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about this for a clue: Libra cannot launch in the US. That is an incontestable fact. If you were "hand picked", its because you were deemed to be naive and clueless enough to believe the BS fed to you daily by Duncan.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a won't rather than can't. But the result us the same - no US launch.

The reason is simple enough - bringing the product and production process up to FDA specifications would cost a fortune and take years.

And and we have clearly seen, if the FDA went in now to follow up the customer complaints they would have a field day.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get our numbers today. See how bad it is.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Full year results show 22% down in the US and 9% overall. Pretty bad but not terrible - and much as expected.

Adios to 2014. Question is, what are the 2015 numbers looking like? If Jan 2015 shows a big fall from Jan 2014 then ADC is in real trouble.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I calculated about 10.2% down from 2013. Given that some on this board say that several big contracts are going away it will not improve any. Get ready, the only way to keep margins will be to cuts costs and that means our salaries.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miles said that he expects Libre to help ADC get back to "single digits". So at -9% on the current revenue to get back to zero growth he expects Libre to generate at least $100M/yr. He may also assume that the strip sales improve over 2015.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Libre figures are not quoted separately but $100 million a year can only happen with a US launch. And with no FDA application yet that is a long way off, if it ever happens at all.

Strip sales will fall in 2015, the key question is by how much. Reckon that ADC will end 2015 with revenues 7% lower then 2014. This is a long term industry trend made worse by bad management at ADC.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did see a transcript of the conference call and the numbers are for Libre in Europe and other countries (soon to be released) not the US. I guess the demand is so high for Libre that Abbott is setting up a new production line. So the estimates for 2015 do not assume a US FDA approval for Libre. Revenues for 2014 were down 9.6% from 2013. I can see the new product helping the bottom line but if strips sales slide it will be difficult to get back to the 2013 numbers.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who died and made your sorry ass an Abbott analysist? Lmfao

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just reality my friend. Looks like Libre saved ADC's butt, otherwise it could get bad here. I work at this division and there are one or two layoffs every year. Miles was happy with our new product launch so maybe he will hold back this year.

Maybe not....history says ADC management will cut.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Libre as a product has a very limited shelf life - the competition will overtake it within 18 months. Abbott corporate are not fools and are well aware of this.

But it is useful for Abbott in the short term as it increases the potential value of ADC for a sale. Layoffs now just increase that value, so it is likely there will be a lot of them.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Libra cannot launch in the USA in 2015. Late 2016 is a possibility, IF ABT committed a great deal of resources. ABT already knows that the required investment cannot be justified: insurers have already said they would not cover it, except for some Type I's. The cost per patient is so far out of reality that Libre is a non-starter. None of this is new, or secret: we all have known this for several years.

In Europe, the test launch has been a failure, revealing an unacceptable failure rate and overall accuracy issues. Even if ABT can correct that before it is forced to suspend the test, even if all is well by the end of 2015 and ABT wants to actually launch Libre in Europe, ABT would have to invest in manufacturing capability. Will they do that without the USA? With just a few 3rd world markets? I don't think so.

And you are right, and an early product already has been announced. There is much more to follow, soon. ADC is not even in the ballpark, let alone the game.

Libre is smoke and mirrors. Bait to help attract a buyer, or solidify a bid, for ADC. It's no secret that ABT wants to get out this as fast as possible.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Libra is launching next month Type 1s will be first, then the money will be made.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rita is that you again. Ya meter maid!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no it's Mabel