Sales Reps

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares. The more important question would be can they ride a horse??? THAT is foremost the first thing the SR must learn to do

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't true - they have the POTENTIAL to earn anything, but when it comes to working for the company, they always end up bitterly disappointed. I've seen so many SRs come and go and we can't keep any with any longevity.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not About Asking corp or manager they sent a so called breakdown. I wanted to know reality from people who have worked it. Was just looking for some clarity on bronze level(talked to former sr n said they never made, but made n high sixties.) I trying to see how much avg monthly bonus came to with taxes taken out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go do it and let us know what it takes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Sales Repsp

(Ur an ass! No one said i believed shit. I wanted to ask peers real scoop on bonus. Not base.n i never said a thing about 100k, bc offer letter didnt even stretch it to that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok... Thanks for being helpful. I could have sworen this was a website to help inform people and share personal stories good or bad. All I asked was do most make monthly bonus n about how much it avgs to b. but ill do that n let u know

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read post #5 on this thread. I think that says what you need to know in my opinion. It is a losing battle these days in the industry as a whole but especially at this company.

And as far as "I could have sworen this was a website to help inform people and share personal stories good or bad." You need to grow up and stop drinking some public message board cool aid. Times are rough out there and especially in this industry with all the cutbacks to reimbursements and thus commissions. And yes, by the way, how you said what you said is irritating to most adults on here who are not the "feel good" types after the huge RIF the company just had.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Sales Rep

You cant tell me what rough times are, i was with same pharma company for over 10 years and to go to this company for this little bit of money is very disappointing yet i have to stay positive. I didnt ask for the extra drinking comments as i know its hard out here. I went from six figs to an offer of 38k. So lay off me. I just wanted some inside information from people who live it. N how medicare bids effects Territory or how if crt doesnt get in paperwork y does it take 90 extra days. I appreciate ur partical reasponse but please don't disrespect bc i didnt disrespect you. You don't know my shoes and i don't know yours so you could have ignored my post if you felt some type of way and didnt want to give out helpful information. shit. A mfer just want to know if hitting 12 points is realistic and making that 1609 bonus is real. I didnt even know about write up system

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I didnt even know about write up system"

You soon will become intimately familiar with it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least you made big pharma money in your cushy easy pharma job for those 10 years. Most in the DME industry have had a much harder road.

Now it is time for the real world and a real job if you decide to take this. You have no idea what you are getting into here because you have not been involved in DME at all. And, 38k is really really good for a starting base by the way. At Lincare, you would have been more then likely in the 20s so that is one positive point.

Pharma reps are about a 90% failure in DME because they usually do not know how to really sell. Seen many many....actually..most come and go over the years. No "pods" here...its all you period and the better you do the more everyone will get uptight and mad in your location. Plus, you will be begging everyone at the lowest level in your office to get things done. The first thing you must do here is....check your Pharma ego at the door.

In pharma, they ship out product and the pharmacies take care of the rest. Here, if you tick off a driver of the territory your main hospital is located in or a bulletproof CSR you are toast. This is the reality of what you will be doing and you will constantly be bowing and kissing the %$#@ of anyone and everyone in the location just to keep your job. Do not mean to be negative, just telling it how it is. Can not be positive just for the sake of being positive when being positive would be a diservice to you.

Do you want some good advice? If you want your questions answered, go find the last rep in your territory and ask them to lunch and ask these questions before taking the job. You can track this person down by contacting one of your doctors you loved and sold pharma to for 10 years and ask them who the rep was and I am guessing they will have a card somewhere of a past rep. Good luck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Do you want some good advice? If you want your questions answered, go find the last rep in your territory and ask them to lunch and ask these questions before taking the job. You can track this person down by contacting one of your doctors you loved and sold pharma to for 10 years and ask them who the rep was and I am guessing they will have a card somewhere of a past rep. Good luck."

Best thing about this advise......you can submit the lunch reciept for reimbursement against your location....AND.....as a business expense come tax time.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have..looked and asked for him. I just really want to know if 1699 is bonus monthly on regular or not.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You seem to just be downright stupid and like an ignorant broken record. There is more then enough information here to figure out your situation if you use your brain. Has it even crossed your mind that no one here knows your territory or where you are at so would have no idea what your potential is in that area? Are you willing to give up that information? I would assume not so then you need to not be an idiot and just say ok and move on. For all anyone knows here you could have just taken over for the top person in the company who left or be in a position where they have had five plus reps in a year because the area sucks. The guy who said find the other rep is right and if you were not dumb you would just go do that and stop fishing here with the same question over and over again that no one can ever answer for you. Do you also realize how ignorant you look putting a specific dollar amount on here like you did above? Overall these questions you are asking over and over again are like a child saying "more candy more candy" with their hands over their ears while having a tantrum and stomping their feet because they are not getting their candy. No one has your candy here so please either come up with something else to talk about or move on with your life.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The response above is spot on & should be saved. Each time the board slows down and there are no RIF's in the works...out comes the old "possible SR" out of the woodwork to ask them same old same old. The same huffy antics come out when people respond with info to assist.

Spot on regarding the childish I want candy antics.

The only thing I guess you could infer from their lack of direct into on where they are located is the fact it's for a SR and not a SR/LCM combo smaller areas generally do.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give the person a break. Shit we wanted to know these types of questions before we started. First u make nothing until u get over 12 points. Once u do that get bonuses. Now if keep doin that you can make between 12-29or more over n over in a yr you could b 19k. Quarterly could b more or none. Hope this helps

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ugh, I'm not the one who asked the question but I feel the need to tell you...
    Pharma reps are 90% turn over at DME because the total comp at DME is equivalent to a salary at Pharma. If DME had better profit margins, or invested in talent, 90% would be much lower.
    And Pharma ego??? No one has an ego, you sound like you are a hater, or you wish you could get a pharma job. If you were actually in the industry, you would see there is no pharma ego. Maybe you are mistaking "ego" with confidence and pride, something every sales professional should have... you're a loser.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to say it, but based on your response to that post you sound like an ex pharma and now EX DME rep who did not make it!LOL Should not make it so obvious. Most people who have sold in this industry for many years, does not matter what company you work for or where, know that most pharma reps do not make it because they do not know how to hard core sell. This has nothing to do with salaries or money, it has to do with the ability to sell and not just be a high paid customer service person with a big expense budget or being hot. That is the truth of the whole matter really. Are most DME reps like used car salesmen? Well yes, but pharma reps could not really sell used cars well either!LOL But either way, still think it is funny how you made it so obvious that you are ex pharma by how offended you got!LOL That was priceless.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You couldn't explain it better. Pharma people are no longer on the gravy train when they come over to DME.

Have had a couple SR's that found out pretty quickly their Pharma world was no more when they found out that yes...they truly did need to come into the office every day. MM, grids, conf calls and let us all not forget the O2 contest. Just standing there with their mouth open trying to get out the words, "no one told me that during my interview." lol

Also had a really big winner who enjoyed going to the local gym after MM. Telling all quite loudly how she was off to the DR's. After lunch or later.. but thankfully just before her kids were getting out of school. (yes that is being sarcastic) she would stop back in to drop off the Dr's visit sheets and expect the CSR to do the grids for her and etc because she just needed to get back out there and sell sell sell.

Those little things add up to the bottom line on why Rotech failed. To many people not even doing the basics of their jobs and the LCM's covering for them b/c they did not want their AM's to know they couldn't run their store as a business.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just proved three things by your post:

1. You are from pharma
    2. You have a big ego
    3. It is true, there is a 90% turnover of ex Pharma reps

The irony of proving the person you are defending yourself against right by the defensive case you put forward to support your position is rather hilarious indeed!