Sales Reps

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New idea for Mr Pigg. Get rid of the sales reps. 35,000 a year salary times 400 locations = 14 million dollars a year saved. Now take a little of the money saved and instead of providing less service provide a little more than the other companies. Maybe a POC when it is warranted. The word WILL get back to the referral sources and the set ups will come rolling back in. Then take the bonus you used to pay the sales people and spread it around the rest of the location staff when they meet targets and you will really see results!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My location has not had a SR in months and the referrals keep rolling in. Our new delivery policy will be what kills us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See thread "got your back" #54

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Sales Rep does not convince a referral source into using their company exclusively nor can they persuade a patient to use the company. Their more of a patient chaser just like an Accident Lawyer roaming the hospitals for clients while boasting about what they know is not true or realistic. I have seen several you-tube clips of Rotech SR’s and they are the most humorous videos I have ever seen.
    WAIT If all I have to do is deliver coffee and bagels to doctor’s offices. SIGN ME UP! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsnzjMVVGfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmlxswP72Ac

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That first one is hilarious! Thank you for a good laugh. Even 5 years ago sales people were needed in the industry and could do very well if they worked hard. Now, it is not that they can not increase sales, it is that the entire new business in the industry is shrinking IMHO because providers are less likely to order oxygen in general unless in a Hospital or skilled setting. Have not seen statistics, but I am guessing this is the case since all the new documentation rules went into place. So over all I am guessing it is much harder to build business now especially in the offices and sleep labs.

That being said, especially with Dr. offices and sleep medicine in general, all the new qualification rules and continuation rules for CPAP and BiPap as well as the ownerous documentation required now for 02 and overnights has impacted the industry. It has gotten to be to much of a hassle for providers in general. So, I think the reason it may appear sales people are no longer needed, and all DME companies are having massive turnover in the past couple years since the changes in their sales forces, is that the office overnight business and sleep lab business is down significantly. So, do you need a rep in the hospitals only then? Well, it totally depends on the market and the situation. But yes, I am guessing now it is not a matter of if a location needs a sales rep or not it is that now it is a matter of if that rep could even survive anyway under the current market conditions and the get the growth the company wants in most locations. Look around you and think about how many sales reps you have seen come and go and how fast compared to the past. It is much worse overall now then it was before the documentation changes and other measures that have been taken because of BK.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OOP's I don't want to give it away but if you catch it you know why there is a problem with this equipment.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the laugh, those videos are genuinely bad.

As if a SR would deliver a homefill system.
    As if a SR would deliver much of anything.

They'd put a 90 lb PST on that horse, slap the horse's rear end, and wish him luck.
    And it would be on a weekend. At 3am.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Other than it's just a "shell" on the horse? Were there six shooters too?

It's a tasteful way to poke fun of how it always get's done at Rotech.

The PST's I have worked with in the past would do better on a horse. It would be better for the company too as there is no place for the PST's family to go along for the ride to sporting events and whatnot.

Now where is that sun set?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke about those sales reps. I know of one who falls asleep in her car and thinks the location has no clue where she hides in mid afternoon. Surprise young lady, we all know. The manager just needs to catch her and look out. I wouldn't want to see that action.
    No job is easy but some especially are overpaid

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another reason interestingly missing as to why sales reps aren't as effective as in years past is the medicare capped rental rules.
    No more golden commode forever payments from medicare for 02.
    Takes the money out of back door arrangements between DME companies and Dr's.
    Not sayin that involves Rotech, but existed elsewhere in communities for a long time.

Stands to reason that if competition can't do it anymore, then that makes marketing from any company overall, less important.
    If there's anything capped rental did that was good, was to lessen incentives to operate illegally.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone give me a true idea of the base pay for these positions?
    There is an opening in my area.

The ad posted online says the pay is 100K per year. That doesn't sound right to me.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust your instincts. Base pay is not 100k. What would be your incentive to sell if that were the case?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be asked in all likelihood to rebuild a territory to some pie in the sky ideal, which was long ago turned off to Rotech. Go for it..........if you dont mind the strong possibility that YOUR reputation will be tarnished by trying to bring back the dead.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone tell me about hitting the goal of 86 points a quarter
    and are hurdle goals really 12 for rep? bc i dnt understand the office goal vs rep goal...
    what is true potential a year for salary,

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These so called questions about what a SR really earns seem to pop up every month or so. You would think the person would get rather tired of putting it on here time after time in the hopes of stirring up something.

But don't worry...more will come along and spew the same response. No it's not that high of a wage and yada yada yada

Frankly no one really believes you are serious once you have come on here and still ask the stupid questions.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was asking a question. I am not trying to stir anything up, id really like to know. I have looked on different posts and haven't found an answer so I asked. I thought this site was to inform people who are new to a company and want to ask some basic questions or for people who want to vent about things they may not enjoy. I don't understand why it always has to be people who say side ways comments back. I honestly don't quite get the goals and the quarter bonus real potential.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the wrong place to ask a question like that . You should ask your manager or call corporate for clarification. The answers you get here a not going to be what you want to hear.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I say move this potential employee to the front! They will believe anything they read, more or less we need them now. LOL

Doesn't even know enough to ask the manager or corporate office, they are a shoe in to believe anything we say to them. If a job makes up to 100K in some rural area where jobs of this pay scale are few this job would not even be open. Think about it. Oh and run like crazy too....IF you are real. But this same question does come up to often to even be believable.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you hot??