Ronald Martell

Discussion in 'NeurogesX' started by Anonymous, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to apply to NGSx but... am uncertain as to the new CEO's phylosophy...

I heard he was just announced this morning...

Someone has any insider? What do you know about the guy? What is he bringing to the party?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you want to apply? This company isn't hiring, they just displaced 38% and home office people.

3. Rob C

Rob C Guest

I am very interested in knowing too...

anyone?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company he came from was just delisted on the stock market! And it looks like M.D. Gary Lyons was on the board of directors there too. So that's who found him.

Poniard Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: PARD) reports that the Nasdaq Hearings Panel has determined to delist the Company's common stock from the Nasdaq Stock Market and suspend trading in the shares effective at the open of business today, January 3, 2012. The delisting will be complete once the Nasdaq Stock Market files a Form 25-NSE Notification of Delisting with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

On December 22, 2011, Poniard announced that Poniard and Allozyne, Inc. had mutually agreed to terminate the Agreement and Plan of Merger and Reorganization dated June 22, 2011. The termination followed the parties' determination that the common stock of the combined company resulting from the proposed merger would not qualify for listing on The Nasdaq Capital Market, which was a condition to closing of the merger.

Effective with the opening of business on January 3, 2012, Poniard expects its common stock to begin trading under the "PARD" symbol on the OTCQB Marketplace, until such time as the Company is able to fulfill requirements for quotation on the OTC Bulletin Board. The transition to the OTCQB Marketplace does not change the Company's obligation to file periodic and other reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission under applicable federal securities laws.

Poniard also announced today that, effective immediately, Ronald A. Martell has been appointed Chairman of the Company's board of directors, replacing Jerry McMahon, Ph.D., and has resigned as Chief Executive Officer of the Company. The CEO position will remain vacant and the Executive Committee of the board of directors, chaired by Fred B. Craves, Ph.D., will assume responsibility for leading the Company's management team. The Executive Committee is actively exploring alternatives for Poniard's business and assets. Also effective immediately, Dr. McMahon, along with E. Rolland Dickson, M.D., Gary A. Lyons and Nicholas J. Simon III, resigned as Company directors.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can wish, hope and apply all you want. It wont make a difference.

There is no way this company can survive. Managed care TPA's are not going to pay for
    the drug. Not going to happen. Too bad to, in a different time it would have been a meaningful challenge.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Martell’s base salary is $460,000, compared to a 2010 base salary of $440,214 at Poniard. He also will receive an annual target performance bonus at NeurogesX of 50 percent of the base and an option to buy 500,000 shares.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know their hiring and there are a few openings. One rep quit cause she was ranked last in the country and didnt sell anything and the other opening I am not sure, I think it's an expansion.

We are doing ok here, sales are tough but the payouts decent and it beats sample dropping.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What areas are they hiring? I just looked on website but they are not listed. Thanks!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, please share where these open position are located! Are they being filled in house or through a recruiter?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jobs are all filled. Check back in a few months they may expand.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IF you are dead set on being a Consultant or "Rep" for this company you should consider Ambit Energy! We were ranked #1 in 2010 in Inc. 500 Magazine and made the list again last year! If you are interested go to www.jaimemills.energy526.com