LAYOFFS FOR GERBER FORMULA TEAM

Discussion in 'Nestle Pediatric Nutrition' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2015 at 8:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company let reps. and managers go yesterday in a downsizing move by company. Formula sales down with profits at an all-time low. Better start looking for a job. This ship is going down fast!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone confirm this? I have had 2 interviews with this company and suddenly no one will return my calls and emails

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is 100% true. Run. Even if they offer you do not come here. This ship is sinking faster than the Titanic.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worst company EVER! Believe me you do not want to work for Nestle Formula. Entire division is unprofessional and corrupt. HR lies, Senior Management lies, and reps are all complacent.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not agree with above poster when it comes to the reps. as they are some of the most dedicated professionals a company could have representing them. Yes, Sr. Mngt. is atrocious and one has to wonder how they still have their jobs as they have run this division into the ground, but do not knock the Reps.

They recently had layoffs unfortunately, and if I were still there I would certainly be looking but everyone laid off was done a huge favor! I would be very nervous taking a position here as they are just a mess. Great products just disastrous Sr. Mngt. that really has no clue. That's what happens when you have people from other countries trying to manage the US market. Sad, sad, sad.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure we aren't talking about Abbott Nutrition? Same problems, same issues.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestles makes the very best, "CHAWKLET".

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reps are a mix of dedicated and not dedicated - same as other companies. Big problem here is too many dieticians with zero sales experience and too much turn over. That is the rep story.

Yes. People caught in layoffs but lucky in many ways. Getting some paid time to look for another job as we all need to be doing. Not sure "people other countries" are the problem here. I believe the problems originate squarely in NJ. The management is just poorest I have ever seen. People being promoted just because they have stayed here a while - not because they are qualified. Just mess from top to bottom. Pathetic.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager keeps telling me how well they are doing and they are taking business from us. Go figure

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey man, anybody got any Blueberry Buckle for sale?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know approximately how many infant reps were let go? How about on the adult nutrition side - any layoffs coming?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All gone. Division was dismantled and we are going 100% consumer with commercials and marketing programs. We got nowhere with healthcare professionals so this is the next logical step. It's sad, the sales team was very good but we couldn't break the Mead Johnson stronghold on this business. They have a great sales team.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This posting is untrue. Probably posted by a Mead Rep. Mead is not the major player in infant formula. Abbott is dominant force.

About 35% of infant nutrition sales force was laid off. Adult nutrition is unaffected. The future of infant formula is unstable at best. Future is basically unknown but very bleak.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spoke to ex-Nestle reps this week. Consensus is that there was a 20% reduction of the Infant Nutrition sales force. Last day was March 5 or 6. Size of sales force went from 115 to 93 reps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone that says Mead Johnson is not a major player doesn't understand the business. They are market share leaders. also, you spoke with a Gerber rep and they gave you this info, I call bllsht on that one

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So when is the next round coming? Have to be close to turning out the lights here. Senior management has spent the last year pushing a losing strategy and -surprise!- the numbers are in the tank. When's the next "admin" day?