Our company was just purchased by Valeant....what to expect?

Discussion in 'Bausch & Lomb' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2015 at 8:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix pharma rep here, what do you think? Deal to be complete in mid April.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Valeant didn't touch B+L Sales - they love Sales and Manufacturing. It's the other functions that need to worry - R&D, Clinical REsearch, Finance, Human Resources, etc. Although, I think Valeant may finally be realizing that they let way too many people go.....after a year and a half, inefficiencies and noncompliances are hitting home.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you'll notice is lack of communication, resources, samples, urgency. You'll get frustrated and nothing will be done to better the situation.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run fast and run far. Seriously though, you will be very frustrated with the lack of resources and the willingness to help you become successful. Just keep getting paid, but update your resume and start looking. This is not a place that you will want to work for very long. Good luck. Sorry Valeant has turned your life upside down.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post. Very true. Let me add one thing to it; Valeant is so afraid of being fined by the FDA that it's impossible to get anything approved through marketing. Also, compliance makes the process of doing anything so complicated you just end up getting frustrated and not doing it again.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While i agree with a lack of communication, i disagree with the rest of your assesment.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im pretty sure this is standard for the industry now. You have to factor in that Valeant was under scrutiny, which is a game changer. Did you come from a smaller company? They usually have less hoops and faster processes.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep in mind this board is where people come to rant and slam their companies. I dont have theses issues-just the opposite. Plus there is no crazy micromanaging. Very laid back atmosphere. Go out and do your job and you will be fine.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you loved your company culture, kiss it goodbye. Valeant has it's own culture and it has less to do with any quality of life of it's employees and much more to do with making more $ with less. So, you will do more work, much more, stress more, enjoy it less, and watch high quality people leave because Valeant values suck. I'm actually disgusted to see what's happened to B&L. It's a slow, sublime change. But after a year or more, I don't recognize B&L anymore. They gut a company, keep its name and move to the next company. They leave the sales force alone only because it's the bread and butter. But the formula for success is not about products or believing in anything more than their God, the dollar. Many of the people who stay or lead at B&L have become or are heartless - bitches at any cost to The Man (RL, TV). You're entering into a darker place than you are now. I'm not a pessimist. These boards usually are full of angry, negative people. I'm not saying stay or go, just giving my perspective. I certainly think B&L was a better place before Valeant and I know Valeant is better off $$$, because of B&L.
    -Once a believer - now a paycheck collector

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha! What an idiot. This was posted by the goo who can't get up off the bottom of the rankings. Nothing has changed since the buyout. Nothing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guys right ,all true. Pearson and his clowns patrol the boards posting exactly the opposite of what it's really like to work here

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll not post again to defend my credibility. It's my opinion. You'd be very surprised who I am and where I rank. Too bad these boards lend themselves to such a*sholes and not for people who want to share ideas and concerns. The price of anonymity. Anyone who does not see or feel what has happened to B&L is too new to know what really good looked and felt like. You accept the current situation because you know no better. Or, you're just a simpleton, a follower and will graze anywhere until reality sinks in for you too.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im none of these-not new, not a simpleton, a zombie or a follower. Ive had no bad experiences with Valeant except receipt of Besivance samples. That is not a valeant issue. I have great benefits-except i cannot buy that extra week of vacation. The stock purchase plan is rocking. The 401K is better than most others. I have my same great boss. There is no micro managing. I have received every resource i did before the buyout with no delay or problem. I just went to a dales meeting that was in a decent hotel and ate at a nice restaurant. I was away from home two nights only. There was zero stress. I did not share a room with a stranger. I have free post op kits that my competitor does not have. My coupons do not limit use to non medicare patients. Pricing is comparable to Competition.i got my new company car early. I have my own mobile phone and have never gone over the re embursable limit. My internet is paid for. My monthly budget is the same as it was a bausch. I file expenses every two weeks and have never had one problem. And i have received my paycheck and bonus on time as planned (kept hearing they would not pay us). The last contest was beyond good. Quotas are fair and achievable. Did i mention my bonuses are not capped? Check with alcon & allergan to see if they have that! (No). They went up on our bonus dollars this year too. i dont understand what youre complaints are. I dont understand why you dont go somewhere else if you are so unhappy. Why spend your time whining? If you are such a valuable rep you can find something else pretty quickly. Dont expect the grass to be greener. There have been changes in the industry that you will have to deal with no matter where you go. Put on your grown up undies and act like youre wearing em.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I LEFT and got HUGE raise (MORE than some reps salary), my 401k matches the first 6...yes 6%, I get more vacation than I got @ Bausch (even the week btw Xmas and NY off), I have a nicer company car, and no samples. I get treated like an adult, and company meetings are actually fun!

So yes, the grass is GREENER! I put on my grown up undies AND LEFT THIS HOLE!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG. That post is so obviously from a corporate lackey… Fair balance and all. Beautifully crafted. Really. VERY SALE' SY. The original point is comparing a current company with what it will be like after Valeant. You have drank too much cool-aid my friend. Any company that gets bought by Valeant will change and not for the better. I re-read this and laughed. You're a biased liar with inaccurate input!

Im none of these-not new, not a simpleton, a zombie or a follower. COOL AID DRINKER Ive had no bad experiences with Valeant except receipt of Besivance samples. That is not a valeant issue. SILLY POINT I have great benefits-except i cannot buy that extra week of vacation. YOUR BENEFITS ARE WORSE - HOWEVER YOU CAN ROLL OVER YOUR VACATION The stock purchase plan is rocking. VALEANT IS A RISK, GIVE $ INSTEAD OF PAPER The 401K is better than most others. YOUR 401K MATCH COMPARED TO B&L IS MUCH LESS, REDUCED ENORMOUSLY FROM 150% to 25-50% I have my same great boss. YOU'RE FORTUNATE MOST DO NOT There is no micro managing. FOR YOU I have received every resource i did before the buyout with no delay or problem. I just went to a dales meeting that was in a decent hotel and ate at a nice restaurant. I was away from home two nights only. There was zero stress. I did not share a room with a stranger. YES BUT WERE YOU INSPIRED? WHAT DI YOU ACTUALLY LEARN? GLAD YOU HAD A MEAL FOR UNDER $50 AND A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD I have free post op kits that my competitor does not have. HA! THAT PROGRAM IS A HASSLE AND A FAILURE My coupons do not limit use to non medicare patients. DOUBLE NEGATIVE. NICE. NEW PROGRAM - LATE IN THE GAME. OUR COMP. BEAT US THEY ALWAYS DO Pricing is comparable to Competition. SILLY i got my new company car early. ???? I have my own mobile phone and have never gone over the re embursable limit. SILLY AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE A PHONE OR WIFI TO EXPENSE SOON My internet is paid for. SILLY My monthly budget is the same as it was a bausch. I file expenses every two weeks and have never had one problem. EVERYONE GETS BACK NOTICES OF LATE PAYMENT AS VALEANT PROCESSES THIS LATE. VALEANTS ENTIRE INFRASTRUCTURE IS STRETCHED TOO THIN. HOW HAVE YOUR CALLS TO 'IT' BEEN OR TRYING TO GET AN ANSWER ON SOMETHING ? And i have received my paycheck and bonus on time as planned (kept hearing they would not pay us). The last contest was beyond good. BECAUSE THEY GOUGED ALL THE REPS WITH LE SUSP PROFIT Quotas are fair and achievable. Did i mention my bonuses are not capped? ACADEMIC POINT IF YOU BARELY CAN GET TO A BASELINE OF 100% Check with alcon & allergan to see if they have that! (No). They went up on our bonus dollars this year too. YES BY REMOVING A CLUB DOUBLE BONUS IN A SLIMY WAY. i dont understand what youre complaints are. YES YOU DO. YOURE TRYING TO COMPETITIVELY SELL ME AND I CAN PUNCH HOLES THROUGH IT ALL. I dont understand why you dont go somewhere else if you are so unhappy. EVENTUALLY Why spend your time whining? NOT WHINING BEING INFORMATIVE AND UNBIASED If you are such a valuable rep you can find something else pretty quickly. YES Dont expect the grass to be greener. There have been changes in the industry that you will have to deal with no matter where you go. MOST TRUE THING YOUVE STATED Put on your grown up undies and act like youre wearing em. CUTE. NOT HERE TO SLING. TRYING TO KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL AND UNBIASED. FACTS ONLY. NO EMOTION OTHER THAN THIS PLACE USED TO BE GREAT AND ITS SLIDING QUICKLY TO SHeeT! MORAL IS LOW BECAUSE THE SALES LEADERS DONT CARE ABOUT THE SF.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said & all true. Plus it's getting worse

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to disappoint, but I am a sales rep. Blue Team. West Region. There is not and never will be anything corporate about me. I don't understand why some of you are so unhappy, yet refuse to change your situation. The problem is not Valeant, it is you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was the same as you. West, blue, sales. GOT THE HELL OUT, the problem WAS Valeant! I was a top performer, wasn't me. Couldn't be happier to be gone!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you! But why are you here bitching if you have moved on?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What has gotten worse? I can't think of anything since the change over that's gotten worse. Our stock price has gotten better. Our sample shipments gave gotten better.