Why are there so many Urology openings?

Discussion in 'Endo' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just applied to a urology position and would love to know how the Urology reps like their jobs and why there are so many open positions. Thanks!

Only serious responses please

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best part of this job is the fact that the company has layoffs every 2 years.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I only have 1 Urology opening and it burns when I pee

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they sold your division...same old Endo.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are many urology openings because Endo is a horrible company to work for and the urology division is worst division to be in. Most of the insurance plans don't want to pay for any of the gels and Fortesta Gel doesn't have very good coverage even if the patients plan will pay for testosterone. Aveed is a big challenge, with a REMs that requires that the site and the physician are certified. The physician must take a ten question test to be certified. Then the office has to fill out a form to find out if the patients insurance will accept their insurance. It's a long drawn out process and some physicians are not willing to go thru it. Also many physicians rely on the income of patients coming in every two weeks for injects and if patients start coming in every 10 weeks, it cuts into their income. So Aveed cuts into their income and Aveed requires a lot of paperwork by their staff. Therefor many physicians are not interested in Aveed and never will be. If you have any other job opportunities take it, Endo is a terrible place to work. The Mgmt buys products that are complete dogs that no other company would buy. Mgmt will then OVER forecast and wonder why reps aren't making their numbers, or maybe they don't want us to make our numbers, so much cheaper to not have to pay out those bonuses.

Run from this company

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

....and yet a 100 reps will apply for each job opening knowing how horrible ENDO is. Go figure... ..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That really demonstrates the slow economy and how few jobs are left in this industry. A sucky job with a horrible company is better than no job if you really need a job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It can't possibly be worse than working for ACTAVIS-it's a total cluster and a shit show over there...just look at their boards-once they bought Forest, the company went down the toilet

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's really hard to imagine a company worse than Endo. The thought of launching a new drug at Endo gives me nightmares, no one does it worst than Endo. Going to launch with nothing in your hand to show physicians how to write a script, dose the med, etc. Is there any one left in managed markets, or should I say anyone left that knows what they are doing. When was the last time you heard of any of our drugs getting on formulary? Goals that are sky high, bonuses that are nonexistent, layoffs every year or two. Changing target physicians, every call cycle, who can sign for samples. Reps are losing continuity and rapport with physicians and offices but this bunch of incompetent losers can't take the long view. All they care about is finding ways to pay the reps less in their bonuses. Their small minded bullsh#$ will eventually bit them in the a@@. Anyone that has been here very long knows that the management team here doesn't care about their employees. Its all about the bottom dollar, the corporate culture has changed so much. I don't expect a company to care about me, but I don't expect them to go out of their way to derail me, which is what they seem to be doing now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Open your mouth

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did that failure Glickman have a job?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about sending people to a product launch but letting them know a good portion will be cut the week following. A regular Lord of the Flies launch meeting. Then can the people who were trained, replace them with people from other divisions, then hold another training session for the newbies, and even at that point some of the trained and retained will not sell the product.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Physicians do not rely on income from patients getting injections every 2 week they get reimbursed about$7.50 per injection so your facts are incorrect
    bottom line-there is no money in testtosterone management unless you use testopel where you can mark up drug cost and get reimbusred severel hundered dollars per injection procedure

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Multiple openings ensure a steady flow outward.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark up drug cost per injection procedure.....yeah right. Stick to pill sales...you are effn clueless here junior

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Bucky still the manager in KC? Hee haw. Have a salad, bubble butt.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So glad to be out of Endo, how is the dog of a drug Aveed doing? Last I knew the management had once again set the goals so high that at end of 2014 it looked like they were set to finish somewhere in the middle 30% range. How are they doing now? Are they close to making their national goal or don't they bother to set them any more, since so few physicians are interested in the drug.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does the Urology team also promote the impants?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dr's do make money on each injection, it may not be much, but if it's enough for some physicians to rule out using Aveed. Also the MA gives the injection in some cases, so the physician doesn't have to take any of their time. So they are happy to be making some money on the MA's "extra" time. Instead of them standing around gossiping they are making the practice a few bucks.

With Aveed, they lose some of that injection money and it takes a lot of the staff time to complete paper work and fax it in to see if it's a covered benefit. So it's a really easy decision for many docs.