Craniomaxillofacial

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2014 at 4:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is KLS direct or do they go through distributors?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your looking here.... Run forest run....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CMF?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah CMF, I can't find anything on this company.

I would have looked at the KLS board but no is on that thing. I would have to wait weeks for an answer. Don't be an as$

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This somewhat accurate probably top out around 200k. Good division, great jump off point as a way into medical sales.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you. What are the good divisions to interview with these days?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good place to start. Take it and jump ship after a few years if not happy. Was there for a bit, some good people but every company has challenges.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thx. One more question. When reviewing competitors I see that Biomet has been launching several new products. For example the omnimax and rib plating basically at the same time. When comparing with Stryker there doesn't seem to be as much innovation. Would Biomet be a better company to work for? How is the pay at Biomet? Do they cover expenses, car etc???? With the Zimmer merger it seems like it may be a good time to get in. Thoughts?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, didn't realize their take home was that low compared to other business units at Stryker. I'm assuming the $115-$120k is after expenses are paid out of pocket.
    If that's the case, you can find much easier roles at other companies for that, if not more, with expenses paid.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former CMF rep here from a competitor. I did well in this market and enjoyed my run. CMF is a competitive market.

On the Neuro side:

Synthes business is business that they have been sitting on for 25 years from the whole AO thing way back. Their reps don't hunt like Biomet/Stryker/Osteomed. Sternal closure seems to be where their reps are focusing time. Their set is on shelves everywhere and surgeons use it simply because its there and they trained on it. Its easy for them. A good rep can hang around and snag cases from them all day from their average customers while they hover over their main customers. Product is good overall. They do not have a lot of room to play with pricing because of the big corporate umbrella.

Biomet - They have a great neuro line with some really nice mesh products and a great automatic driver that operates similar to a nail gun. They are strong in neuro and reps are hungry for the most part. They are pretty aggressive. On the facial side their product is fine and they have a nice niche with oral surgeons since there is other Biomet dental products that they know not sold by CMF reps. Sternal closure seems to be a big hitter for them as well. They do a good job keeping up with changes in the market. They have good ability to move on price but won't scrape the bottom of the pot unless its a huge account.

OsteoMed is doing well in a few areas where they have good reps and are plugged in with major college programs but they only have 7-8 good territories overall if that. Reps are outnumbered there with large territories and not enough business to support a "ASR". They have many product issues as well. You need to be a very good rep to carry this line and find success. They will drop price as low as they have to. While new leadership is good, their business model does not retain reps as proven all around the country. If you are competing against one of their good reps, just wait for them to leave in a few years and swoop in on the business. You can feel confident telling a doctor that their rep won't be there in a few years and when they leave you feel you should get first crack because you've been calling on him trying to help for years. OsteoMed has no sternal closure product and are struggling in facial. Neuro is their field to play.

KLS Martin - They have the distraction market locked down and some good orthognathic and facial business but they are a non factor in neuro. I think OsteoMed has surpassed them. As a rep I did not pay any attention to KLS and never felt threatened by them and I was working in a major metropolitan area. They have paid off a lot of universities for business but thats it. Reps are comfortable and just seem to sit on existing business and service those accounts well.

Stryker - Always solid aggressive reps. While the meathead stereotype is true, they are hungry and work hard. Product is solid all around. They have a well rounded product line and can compete in any market. Stryker was always my toughest battle and if not for Stryker, I probably would have had the whole market locked down. I would prefer to work for Biomet because I feel there is more market share to be gained on the neuro side with some of their products and you have the flexibility to play with price more but the Stryker job is a good one and you would be foolish not to think you can compete with anyone using their product. The corporate structure is a major advantage as well. Its easy to work out package deals with reps carrying other lines and tie in a discount for surpassing certain markers in product use over different categories. I know bundling product is said to be illegal but there are hospitals everywhere doing it anyway and calling it something else. It is a HUGE advantage for a stryker rep.

Hope this gives you some insight to the market

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep getting hit with commission cuts morale at all time low.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is it these days?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7.25% from dollar one.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow - that's like pharma.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not at all true. Maybe certain territories (although they would have to be quite large, almost at the split point, to warrant such low percentage) are like that, but they would not be the norm. There is certainly a normalized rate for most, and then there are outliers at either end. I know this for a fact... I am a rep.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok Donkey - what's the answer then?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ha, yeah no. with that sort of approach im not telling you anything.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is considered at large territory?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any territory over 1.2 million. More bodies less terriotory and control for the rep. That's the name of the game these days.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be lucky to make 125k @ plan no expenses.