Upside to this company???

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by Anonymous, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking for honest feedback please. I am looking at a RAM position. The company keeps talking about the money. BESIDES the money, what are some of the other positives about this company? I see that in a rural territory, I will spin my wheels to find that one patient, and then they will go to a teaching institution elsewhere, and I won't get the credit for the drug. IF, or when they come back for follow up therapy, the local dr may d/c as they are not familiar with disease state or drug. Then I don't get any credit AT ALL. I understand that this is saving patients lives. I get that. What happens if I don't find any patients for a quarter or even two quarters? Do you end up with no job, or on an improvement plan? I am told that there is a lot of communication with the manager. Is this daily, weekly, or after every call. That could make me crazy. Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bonus is built into your inflated salary and the kicker is the stock options.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got it. So making a bonus is unlikely, correct? They are quoting 40% of base, but I just don't believe that is routine. This would be a rural territory, without the teaching institutions. My gut feel is that I work hard to find a pt, and someone else makes the bonus.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your gut is correct. And don't forget that you will be hounded at all hours to find a patient using data supplied by a co-promoting lab sharing specific info, until you get that patient.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how about you learn that you should develop a network outside of social media. Honestly, seeking input on important decisions from strangers is risky at best.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely disagree. In fact I could strongly support that seeking info on social media is an excellent way to obtain information that would other wise be next to impossible to get unless given anonymously or through a friend. As long as you are using this as only a PIECE of your analysis, not the full analysis, I would and do use social media for information making decision.

You have to also understand some of the info taken off of here will be significantly biased and coming from disgruntled people. If those things are taken into consideration this is a great way to solicit information that would you not have access to.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said dircetly above! I'm
    Also being interviewed for a RAM sales position for Solaris. Salary is very high. But I'm hesitant knowing the drug is close to impossible to find patiens. Any insight or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simple. Two indications.
    first indication all low hanging fruit gone. Will have to wait for newly diagnosed and then wait for MD and Patient to want to start (many don't) but at least there is a definitive diagnostic test. Still rate of newly diagnosed is too slow to live off.
    Second indication. No diagnostic test.diagnosis by elimination. Then still could be 100 other diseases. No picking here low fruit or otherwise. And about half stop treatment in same quarter you start them.
    Every stop voids out a start. Net nothing. Like someone else said treading water every quarter. And the pressure to create what does not exist is like nothing you have ever seen.
    Until there is a diagnosing test for ahus we can hang our hats on. Or something in pipeline gets approved nothing will change.
    Stick with someone who has something to actually sell.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you have to understand that most the questions on here from "job seekers" are posed by crooked leeches with positions that PAY them to find out about competitive messaging, sales force configuration and changes in SF, you name it, they will rip it off, repackage it and sell it. To those that love to help people they don't know, genuine or not, keep up the great work! Your competition appreciates it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of this may be true. But I don't see a lot here that will show up in our next sales aid. No messaging here.
    What I do see is current employees giving a look behind the curtain. See the other thread "avoid this company" & the guy who heard screaming in next office only to have that be his interviewer. Who then screamed at him. Now that is a post I believe. They are lifting the curtain themselves.
    Management bullies. But you will be paid handsomely for the privilege.

I don't get the above "those that love to help people" maybe the guy at the bench in the lab. But no one else is here to "help" people. What by one patient a quarter?
    Volunteer for hospice if that's the truth. We are here for the $$$$