Layoffs 2015

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how Hospital and CV are all high and mighty....meanwhile CV and Hospital are full of former PC reps, most of whom sucked and got promoted based on location and tenure. We dont hire any outside reps bc we don't pay. So before you start saying you can sell an anticoagulant better than PC......you should take a headcount on who the reps actually are and where they came from you ignorant bastard.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard layoff is April 1st for HO and field...33% cut....how accurate is this?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dayuuum! Turn that frown upside down little camper!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HO layoffs to begin 3/23. They want it done before the new FY. Has something to do with bonuses. KK's email went out to HO and MM Field. A MM shake up was expected with the SS arrival, so no surprise there.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

doesn't anyone read email or listen to VM? 4/17.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the HO ax falls on 3/23, but this is only the first of a few upcoming D-Days. Within 12 months, the HO will be cut in half. To all of those getting packages, congrats! To those staying, I feel sorry for you all.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post was right on.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You PC dopes are done!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HO layoffs bye bye SP

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A PC reps is the equivalent of a r*****. Seriously.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Harsh generalization. There is such a dichotomy in the PC sales force. Some reps are obviously transient and temporary, some better thank their lucky stars. But what is best for DSI? I could honestly care less about any of you, most of you are college slouches who turned a degree in marketing into a frantic application into a career that makes you feel as if you actually did something in college. Most of you don't belong here, but your ego keeps telling you otherwise.

I wish DSI would fire the majority of us. There is a parasitic culture here. But then again, the pharma field itself has been circling the drain for years and getting ready to take the plunge. Listen dummy, GET YOUR RESUME OUT THERE NOW! It's going to get worse. This fall you are going to lose your home because you will get laid off and all the reps that jumped ship before you secured every open position in your area.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100% agree, this company will be a bankrupt very soon. Good luck to all of you to sell 4th Xa with no coverage and promising of $85.000 bonus in a year xa xa xa

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree as well. I detect some arrogance in your text above. That's fine. This business is nothing more than a self serving home for people who can malipulate others to obtain what they want. Get looking people because the shit is going to hit the fan sooner than later and you don't want to be left out in the cold. I wish you all the best.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the industry is not dead. it will continue to decrease in size and become more specialized.
    this upcoming layoff was way over due. HO & MM need to be downsized alot. cut pc drastically and maybe the company has a chance.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's do some math!

The past (in net sales):
    $1.0B for Benicar et al
    $400M for Welchol
    $150M payment for Effient
    Let's leave out of other few rounding errors

The future:
    $0 for Benicar et al
    $0 for Welchol
    $0 for Effient
    $150M for Savaysa (generous estimate)
    $150M for CL-108 (generous estimate)
    Our Lyrica-like pain drug doesn't come out until 2018, so no significant revenue until 2019 or 2020

Anyone see a problem with this?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a good ideal to share this information on a secure site such as cafepharma?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is awful? Why would you say such a thing. You were a PC rep at one time! We are talking about good people being laid off. No one wants that! Everyone is in jeopardy, just wait (original post) if and when you miss a compliance test or you are off on your expense report or 1% variance off of your samples, then you are done!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My big question is the 30% number really correct? Or will it be more or less? Also, when will the sales force be cut? There are a lot of vacancies, but I can't believe there are enough to avoid a reorg.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It definitely seems like they are trying to get rid of reps.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it was. Tough next couple of weeks for everyone.