Benefits are important you idiots!

Discussion in 'Salix' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is crazy you idiots think it is dumb to ask about benefits. Those benefits are the reason we came to Salix and stayed here! You don't mind people taking your stock, PTO, ungraded car without a payment, $200 a day for food, $100+ for Internet and phone, ability to stay in nice hotels, additional stock when inversion was going to happen with Cosmo, raised 401k, and an unreal 1 year severence! Salix treated us great and these perks is ALL we have, shame on you fools for thinking it is okay for some fat fuck to take these benefits away while he makes 40 million a year.

What questions should we have asked the CEO? How do you spend your millions while sales drives the business? What does Valeant do with the billions in profit they make each year besides have higher management stuff thier pockets? What is the next benefit you will take from me as you continue telling me how I am lucky because "someone out there has it worse"

You sheep that except people taking from you while telling you that "you are lucky to have a job" are morons and what is wrong with society.

Why is middle class disappearing? Because the rich upper management keeping cutting costs screwing you, the person who drives the business. All the while they raise thier own pay and benefits.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha what whiney beeyotch! Enjoy your new PTO plan! Can't wait to get my payout and severance! Already got a few interviews lined up. I'll make sure to negotiate 3 weeks with my job!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are lucky, I would like to trade places with you and get the severence.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course they can take it away- they bought us you stupid fucktard. Employment at will- if you don't like it you can leave. I wish I knew who keeps posting this shit about PTO so I could pay them a visit at the NSM!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most people (GI) are not doubting the importance of benefits. But...... The first call conference call with the new CEO, the day after the deal was announced was NOT the right place to ask those types of questions. I'm actually surprised that he even attempted to answer many of them. To the original poster - since you have so much insight... So can you enlighten us on our policies , benefits, etc will be? And not just what you have read on here....there is no accuracy to most of that....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the original post, we should care about benefits.

I challenge all the geniuses who think we shouldn't care about OUR BENEFITS that effect OUR FAMILIES to post the questions they wanted the CEO to answer?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Questions regarding any of the following -

Products, opportunities, sales structure, R&D vs. Acqusitions, what Valeant will add to Salix, what Salix will add to Valeant, company outlook in five years to 10 years, what can be improved, further GI presence through acquisition, expansion into other markets.

Shall I go on? As mentioned above, the first call with a CEO is not the time or place to whine about benefits and vacation. Let the deal close, see what happens and make a decision at that point. Fight HR, stay and accept it or leave. It's that simple.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the difference between us, you are happy to have them and I EXPECT them to be excited about employing me.

I do not care what the 5 to 10 year plan is if they are going to STRIP me and my family of pay and benefits.

FYI, they made it very clear they had NO answers until the deal closed about the future! FYI, he bragged about being the top performing stock and yet said "no Xmas break because the company didn't perform". FYI, he has no answer on Primary Care! FYI, he lied saying we will all run seperately yet if that was the case then no benefits or salesforces would change.

Open your eyes people

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100%

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did not say anything about being happy to have them. I will be losing vacation and benefits as well, if the rumors are true and hold as fact. Unfortunately, there is jack shit I can do about it now. The deal has not closed and we have no way of knowing what will transpire until it does and they announce said benefits (which will be Valeant's benefits). If they are horrible and hold true to rumor then I will leave.

Do you understand how a company works? The divisions may run the day to day business separately, but benefits etc. are still under one umbrella and that is handled by Valeant's HR department (hence why our HQ people will be eliminated). Do you understand that if Valeant had different vacation/benefit policies for different divisions that they would open themselves up to all kinds of lawsuits? Get a clue. So yes, benefits and vacation will change and fall under Valeant. I think you need to wake up and accept reality. Things will change and that is fact. We are not going to retain Salix's benefits. We are Valeant come April 15th and so we will receive exactly what the rest of Valeant receives. If that doesn't jive with you then leave as I will.

The fact still remains that the call with Pearson was an embarrassment for our company. Asking a CEO about vacation and benefits (which is below him) before he could possibly answer anyway gets you no where. So ask business related questions (not act like a child) and wait for the deal to close when factual information is given. You are not leaving before then, so wait and see and then take action. Simple.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check out the new Power of Salix!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So my concern should be to act interested in how many billions Valeant will make while taking away benefits from my family? I guess you will always be a "yes man"

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man you are thick. I guess I shouldn't expect more. I'll be as simple as I can be and draw it in crayon if you like. You are nothing to Pearson. He doesn't give a shit about you, us or Salix. He wants our products and the revenue. If you can't handle that reality, you should hide in your house with your prick between your legs and give up. I for one can play the game and play nice on the phone with our new CEO knowing not to expect much. If I do not like how things turn out, I will move on to a company that will provide better benefits than Valeant. Either way, I win. I get what I want at Valeant or I get what I want somewhere else. That doesn't make me a yes man. That makes me a real man. Instead of trying to fix something that you have no influence or say and complain like a child, take charge of your life and make your own damn path. The most successful people can analyze a situation, boil it down to sheer facts/reality and take action that is best for them and their family. This is your chance. Keep whining or take control. Pearson certainly isn't going to do it for you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And I will. Like I stated I am not a sheep that is thankful for a job

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Because whining makes you a wolf. Sheep whine. Fucking wolves take charge and make changes that put them on top. You stay and whine and see where it gets you. In the meantime, I'll take another better job and leave you to complain to no end. You are the sheep in Pearson's herd. Good luck with that. I'm done with you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster never whined. Stated benefits, family are important and corporate billions are not. I think you are one of the "slow" primary care reps and have trouble understanding.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha. Corporate billions are not important? You better hope they are because those billions are the only reason you have a job. Without that earning potential, YOU are not needed. You dumb fuck.