Continuing education while at Stryker

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone taken advantage of continuing their education with Stryker's reimbursement plan? If so, what were your experiences with the reimbursement process and was it difficult to get approval? Any insight is helpful.

I have an MBA and I'd like to add a concentration in Healthcare Admin. It would be roughly 6 classes

Thank you,

Ortho Sales Rep

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess not

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should be out selling products. You obviously do not get the job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are a bunch of steak head idiots!! Oh you should be out there 24:7 selling!!! Yea go ahead and make your manager and the execs rich while you busy your ass just to stay above water!! F that!!! Go get your MBA get another degree and make Stryker pay for it..

Have you ever seen a 50!year old device rep ? I have not.. You will be replaced by someone younger as soon as you miss your first quota.. Get your education and move on ...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely get that Mba and move on - start now before they remove this option.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ain't that the truth!!! Device can be a great gig while you're in your prime but there are no old guys in this game. And the ones that are left are tired, beaten down, and miserable. Get the education and get out. Plan for your future now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker til I die baby! I sell more in my sleep than you do awake. I am a steroid fueled, tan, sexy sales God. When you see my approach our mutual customers you cower duck in to a corner like the coward you are. Come see me baby!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't plan on continuing any type of education at this company. They will lure you in with this bullshit and overwhelm you with so much work you will never have the time. If you ask to to take some classes you better be on your numbers and have all your shit together otherwise you have no chance.

I told several reps they could not take graduate courses because their business needed to be their top priority, not school.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention wanting to go to school to get into hospital admin......the people we fight with every day. I'd never approve it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You ever think it might help your business to have someone who understands the other sides perspective when you go to "fight with them every day"

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you're saying you'd be getting that degree to stay at stryker? Yeah right...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The education issue here is very unfortunate. It's my understanding that Stryker does in fact have a tuition reimbursement program but not once do I recall them talking about it and certainly not encouraging employees to take advantage of it.

Like the above poster said, with the amount of work you need to take on to make quota and be successful, it would be difficult to find the time. And if your numbers begin to slip, your gone and stuck with the bill.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in management at Stryker and the above post sums up what we search for when interviewing. Let's face it, no one w a brain would do this job. We need meatheads and the meatier the better.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have always said the "thicker the meat, the more of a treat" a sales rep is for the OR nurses. These are words to live by when hiring in this industry. If a potential sales rep does not show up to an interview w a gallon jug of water and androstene mix I walk out before it starts. It shows a lack of respect for ones body and ones sales accumen.

Stryker President

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously know nothing about anything.

Androstenedione!?!?!

What the fuck is this the 90s!?!?

Go back to GNC where they recruited you from...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They recruited me to beef up the sales organization. I am passing w flying colors. Looks at the goons I have working for me. How much do you bench press? I will consider hiring you based on your response. Stay fit my friend.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like said above, 6 classes, I already have an MBA. I am not looking to be a hospital admin, but rather better myself and learn more about healthcare outside of med device.

For those who answered with seriousness, thank you. For those who use this forum for trolling and bashing... obviously you don't value your own time.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are welcome my good sir! I see a long and fruitful career in materials management in your future. Good luck and God bless.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bench 360 Squat 535 and you better not shit but if you do then you better finish your set before going to the bathroom I don't like quitters.