Future in Trauma

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Feb 15, 2015 at 9:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a mid twenty yr old trauma ASR getting my ass kicked on a daily basis for about a year now. Just like many others on this forum. Now there isn't a doubt that this is a lucrative career but trauma life aint easy. In addition, all I hear from senior reps is how this job isn't what it used to be and pricing is dropping to a level where were giving away Gamma nails. My question to you all is do I use this as a stepping stone or is it worth the sacrifices to stick it out. Id appreciate serious responses, thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm selling trauma for a different company. If you work for synthes or Stryker trauma you as you know will be busy beyond belief. You'll make 150-200 k these days in a senior role. Just 5 years ago you could do double and triple that. Reimbursements are going down the toilet.

Same thing applies to joints. No matter what you are selling, you are making a third of what you used to.

Mass exodus of reps right now. Stryker, zimmer, biomet, snn . Lots of reps leaving the industry. It's a hard job and you can make more sitting on your ass selling insurance.

As a trauma rep, if you can get a good territory, convert synthes over to you. Get some nice volume with the Hoffman in some level ones you can make more money.
    Gamma still bills out well at certain hospitals. Big cities you have level ones so you work in the Hoffman but you will get killed on pricing. You make up on volume. If you have a rural territory you find hospitals that will pay closer to list price. It's out there.
    Right now as an asr you need to switch to a senior role. You have the experience. If you want to jump to recon, you're not going to get a senior role. But you'll get off weekends...

I'm going to stick it out, this affordable care act storm is pushing out the ones who don't want to work, it's easier than ever to move up the ladder. Your experience is needed, get out of asr and grow your own territory.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trauma life is not for the faint of heart. Unfortunately reimbursement make it even harder
    Because youre working twice as hard for the same money. I would take my licks and pursue another opportunity in device outside orthopaedics.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump. Bump.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you should look into sustainability...