Age discrimination at BMS

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the point. And customers want young, attractive marketing robots. Not old trash cans made of loose skin and liver spots.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Face it, legally you can only parrot the PI, can't introduce any data out of label for more insight into current therapy. It is much faster and time efficient for any MD to use their smart phone to get the details you can give them. Most MDs that still see reps do so for one reason, you feed their staff for free.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya but BMS is all about how you look. What you do or don't do means very little. As a young guy I can edge the older crew on technology and create more smoke and mirrors....you act like what you do in the field really matters. Perhaps for a short while after a launch, but most of the time it's just box checking and being more creative on paper.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL....there are at least 3 young reps here currently stirring the pot on this thread, and I love it. Can't be less than a few prunes as well. What really amuses me is the level of depravity and immaturity that has been revealed here. However it does illuminate the fact that there probably are undertones of resentment between the pension club and many of the younger reps at BMS. In all likelihood most of us probably are indeed active BMS employees, and with all of the threads that are on this site and all of the horrible things that have been written, chances are that any person sitting near you at the next poa meeting could be the one you were quibbling with on this site...it could be anyone and it is. We are all so professional at the meetings, but so horrid here. It speaks volumes for how frustrated everyone is at BMS

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly, you don't know how the system works. When management wants an older rep (or any rep for that matter)managed out, they aren't trying to improve his performance...they want him to quit. Therefore, asking a manager to work with you to improve your "bad behaviors" is only a waste of time. The manager will ride with you, observe you aren't improving and makes notes of it. It's subjective, and the manager already knows what he will enter before the observation is made. This further documents what management is wanting...more proof you are not able to do your job.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly why we will all be obsolete in 3-5 years. Chipotle will take over our lunches with their crap, UPS the sampling, and we are done.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad behavior to a worthless manager is not kissing his/ her ass and oohing and ahhhing over their "wisdom." When the company wants you gone, you will be gone because you happened to sneeze at the wrong time.
    Who can't do this job? A freaking monkey can do what we do, and anything that breathes can be a manager. We will all be extinct very soon.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why the 50+ crowd made it this far, because a monkey could do it. With early onset Alzheimer's kicking in, they won't be able to remember what our indications are for much longer. Ehhhhh doc? Let me turn up the volume on my "listeners."

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, sonny, the doctors are all waiting for you to be enlightened about our dog drugs....info he can find in two seconds on the internet without listening to your ignorant rankings of how much better ours are vs. the others. Hahahahahahah. You ant this entire company are a joke. And guess what, I'll be 38 next month. At least the doc will ask a senior rep a question; they don't bother asking you kids because they know you have no answer. All they ask you is where do I sign and get out.
    Be proud of what you sniveling turds have done to a once highly respected profession.

Pass me a sandwich, sonny. Next time bring a better lunch.. Better yet, send the lunch and don't show up.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

makes no sense...looks like the old fart forgot his real age or forgot how to write....probably never knew how.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doc here. 38 is too old. I'm "no see" except for mid twenties treats. To that point; I haven't seen a BMS rep in decades.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone please put this retarded thread out of it's misery. This may be the most idiotic thread of the entire CP website.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a quack.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Precisely! This thread sucks!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hater, cuz your old.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're older than the last gal farting dust.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The BMS elders are bringing the stank on this thread. Embrace the gray!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does the pension crew even reply to this thread? Fire up the trusty desk top computer? Tap into the phone line? As the grandkids for help? Ehhhhhh? Turn up the brightness!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you're getting older bro .. Can't hide from aging

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Elaine something to me, sonny. With all the technology we have, why is the world going to hell. Why is pharma dying a slow death? Social media has created more problems than it's solved.
    You entitled little kids think the world owes you....truth is you are entitled to nothing; and the world owes you shit.
    Grow up!