Oncology going to have layoffs this summer

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2015 at 2:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Model of 5 in a POD is going to be put to the test shortly. However, I have heard that if Senior Management finds this to be inefficient they will not hesitate to make changes. Lots of reps are lying about call activity and this doesn't help sales. Changes are coming! Mark my words!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! I would imagine that a 5 to a POD strategy will not work out in the long run. Offices and providers I'm pretty certain wouldn't want to see that amount of reps doing the same thing from the same company. Certainly a déjà Vu of the Pfizer days. Providers and staff get worn out and annoyed with that concept. I would bet there would be a headcount reduction if ROI wasn't there after 6 months or shorter. I think single layer geographies are the wave of the future not PODS - especially in such a specialized disease state.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 of us in my territory, and still no orders for Opdivo, buy Keytruda has over half a million dollars. Hummmm. Did we miss the boat here or what?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, this is a timely string. I've been recruited to interview from another business unit about the glories of BMS Oncology, but this 5 to a POD thing has definitely got me concerned. Ironically, Pfizer, who invented the POD has been in the downsizing mode for what, 10 years. Hmmmm??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have one week to catch up, and two weeks to surpass. If not, all 4 of you will be fired! (Just kidding)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

last thing many of us being recruited for this job is to jump to only be miserable or looking over our shoulder at counterparts playing the blame game. Is BMS that good or that bad? I don't care who posts back just give some feedback.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS famous for overhiring, then laying off in 6 months buyer beware.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better yet, BMS is notorious for over hiring, over promising and under delivering.....see hepatitis and the shit they're going thru

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was never a problem in oncology until the oncology unit started bringing in the primary care mentality. Most oncology upper management have never carried a bag or talked to an oncologist. Back in the day, we were a valued division and sold products like Taxol that made a huge difference in patients lives. Today we are a burden to the ignorant upper management who value behaviors as the most important factor of a rep.

Idiots...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN! Lynelle and the rbd's are clueless!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we all see how inept lynelle is yet no one does anything.

when will management end this nightmare

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find this COMMERCIAL ARMS RACE mindset so laughable.......So, inappropriate, unimaginative and frightened by nature.

"Providers and staff get worn out and annoyed with that concept. I would bet there would be a headcount reduction if ROI wasn't there after 6 months or shorter." and, the primary care infusion & Cro-Magnon mindset.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle; but you can find a better miracle in SFE to print that revered USD, if you have the guts to try. Heroes are so hard to come by these days.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true post...most reps haven't even met 60-70% or more of their docs but we are all forced to plan calls on these folks and fudge the metrics. BMS incentivizes fraud..oh sure Lynelle you really got a spike in PDEs after the last mindless upsizing. Go keep telling yourself that.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviewing for BMS ONC position right now and when they asked what I wanted for comp I decided to test the waters and say minimum $85K base with total comp around $120+......when I found out that they sell in a POD model that I thought went out 10yrs ago, I couldn't see how they could guarantee that comp amount when the territory has at least 4 reps in it and the product isn't a blockbuster.. How on earth can they justify the base with a division of over 100 reps with each getting $85K+ base and uncapped bonus??? What is the avg base salary for the oncology division with this weird POD sales model? Want to know if I undersold myself with over 13yrs experience in device & pharma ...they said they had a range to work within depending on what part of country I lived in(cost of living difference is real on west coast) so I was looking for a $90+ base with my unique experience and extensive sales track record with awards, pres. club, rookie of yr, etc... Just want to know what I can realistically expect in Base pay as well as what the AT PLAN TARGET IS FOR BONUS PAYOUTS??

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think they adjust for cost of living. I am only saying that because I know folks in the middle of the country getting the same comp as those on the coast...some with less experience! After 13 years, you are underselling yourself by only expecting $120k total comp. I have 9 years Pharma experience (3 in oncology) and my base is higher than $120k. Do some more research on salaries because I think you should be able to ask for more. Good luck!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is know for a fact that oncology has hired in a whole bunch of reps for the IO side starting them at 130k base, not total, base. Long term reps are pissed. Kids who were in junior high when others started with this company and now these shits are coming in with NO experience and getting paid 20-25k more per year while the long term loyal rep gets shit on.

Fuck this. I know a lot of oncology reps and they are pissed. BMS response is try harder, fuck that, we stayed with this company while is as struggling. Loyalty does not Matter to this company.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If u are "long term rep" and making less than 125-130, u suck ass anyway so quit bitching. Continue being a mindless drone and go drop off some more samples and ck the box. Democrat mentality. Mine mine mine. Whine whine whine. Where is my free $.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you're making $125k as an oncology rep, you're getting hosed, especially if you have time and experience in specialty sales. I left virology making $148k base. Then again, in this day and age, you may not want to make too many waves since you could be an easy target for downsizing