culture at Acorda

Discussion in 'Acorda Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Sep 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am currently in the final MS Business Manager interviews with Acorda. How is the culture and workplace. Do they treat their reps with respect? I do not know anyone that currently works for the company so I am reaching out to see how they are to work for?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a solid company but growing company. Most love it here. There were a few old timers who resisted progress and good change and this is luckily changing. It is a great place for a rep and good things coming around. Good luck!

BTW - it is ALLLLLL about who you work for. Keep that in mind. Ask to speak to some current ABMs for business feedback.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really depends on who you report to. If you have a good manager, life is great. If your manager is a douchebag, then you're f****d. Also, please know that at Acorda, if at anytime you need HR for some reason, management is ALWAYS protected over the ABM. Good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sad to hear that. That is the way it is at my current job. A manager can make or break any great rep. It is so sad that your job can be dictated as to whether the environment is good or bad based on the manager that manages you. If you do not have a good HR department things tend to go un resolved when there is a situation that needs to be addressed. Sounds like it is no different here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company is only as good as the HR department.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disagree. The poster obviously did not like an outcome. This HR dept listens and takes actions as needed. If you did wrong they will investigate and find out. Only a matter of time. HR is good here although there is one weirdo in there. good grief. I am an ABM and so far like it. I have a great RBD, great AD and good region of people.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its so very obvious that the poster above is the same poster in the marketing thread. both posts written within a couple of minutes of each other. please stop trying to sugarcoat Acorda at being a company its not and bash anyone who decides to leave the company. you are obviously senior management who is trying to protect acordas image. every company has its problems and it so happens that marketing and hr are problems here. if the company is so afraid of losing people then it needs to change its ways. yes most abms are happy but those regions with crappy managers are not happy. your happiness depends on you and your manager, anywhere.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

soooo true. Change happens when shitty people leave and processes change. This must happen here!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.............and there ARE crappy RBDs sadly

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awful and treats everyone like they are idiots.
    everyone in that region is looking for other jobs including me.
    The sooner the better. She is the most horrible manager ever.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess what dude? That whole region is a f'ing mess! People have gone, been canned all because of her! I am looking as well to leave. 90% of that region is.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Culture??? It is not good at all! No one works together or helps you out here. Trust is a huge problem. There is no unity at all in this company. The P&Vs are great but people do not stand for them.

Medical is an absolute mess.

Commercial? Forget it. People working their assess off and more is piled on them. They are all at a breaking point because of no help.

Complete disorganization and the tension is palpable.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree with above post!
    well said
    there is no culture. only back stabbing, lies, negativity.
    ron has no idea what a blunder certain depts. are.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTW - we hear often how sales is making these outrageous bonuses. for what? working a few hours a day> At HQ we are working 70 hours a week and for what???????

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh for the love, stop your dribble and grow up. So what if sales makes the money, sales brings in the cash. If a sales rep doesn't make at least 35k in bonus, they are not doing well. hell during launch year a few years ago the bottom rep made 45+ and the top made over 100k. Now the salaries are sky high, most making 120+, with car not bad for a few hours of work. Sales will always out earn cry babies in HQ, and HQ will always complain about hours and office bitches.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

shut up u fired ass.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ABMs here are waaaay overpaid!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why did augusto and Gustavo resign??? Heard that is beginning of the exodus in medical.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

many more in medical leaving also. leadership is atrocious there.