Ex Warner Chilcott Rep...Allergan Reps Beware...

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a friendly word of advice for all you overpaid Allergan reps...START LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB!!!

When Actavis bought Warner Chilcott, all WC reps interviewed and WERE LET GO!!!

Actavis is run by ex Forest Labs management and Forest Labs paid their reps starting at $50,000 to $55,000 a year in base salary.

Actavis model is to hire new reps and pay them less.

If you are currently promoting Rx drugs as a rep with Allergan which I believe your Eyecare reps do, YOU WILL BE REPLACED!!!

Actavis rather press a restart botton and hire new reps, so they can train reps to sell the Actavis way.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although you are correct with the WC deal, when we bought Forest, not only were most of the teps retained the Forest upper management now runs the show. So don't read too much into the WC situation. I know some Allergan teps but right now this place is a giant CF!

The upper management from the Forest side love to hear themselves talk and say very little. They love being "in charge" and have taken the company back 10 years--old sales style From the 1990s.

Example- the new ABD for speciality--some thought he was a "refreshing,honest individual. Most of us thought he was an idiot who just loves to hear himself talk with no substance except to remind us we are all expendable.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis or should I call it Forest Labs version 2.0 has an 80% sampling a day requirement!

Have fun trying to sample your eye docs 80% with Restasis! You will all be signature collectors!

Actavis management is full of immature Forest Labs A$$HOLES, but reading all the posts here on Allergan eye care managers, sounds like you eye care reps are used to A$$HOLES!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right about eyecare. We supposedly had the same signature requirements-enforced by the jerks who had no idea what "sales" are about. We became signature collectors (as you call it), or worse.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a total lie. Why do you make shit up? Maybe your DM tells you that, but the company jas never had a hardline sample percentage requirement.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a heads up for you ex WC reps. When you operate outside of pharma guidelines you put a large company at risk. Hence the pushing out/ firing of all of you was a compliance decision. Interviewing each of you for your position only confirmed the fact that you should be gone. Allergan on the other hand operates in full compliance of Pharma due to the CIA we have in place. This makes them more attractive for retention. You don't have to retrain on corporate compliance or have to worry about reps going off the reservation with compliance.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good thinking and thanks for looking out!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By far one of the dumbest post I have read on CF to date. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Do you even realize the cost of letting every rep go and hiring a completely new sales force? Especially when Actavis has no EyeCare sales force in place? That means no experience in selling in glaucoma, dry eye diease and retina. I'm sorry but you must be confused, selling in opthomology involves alot more than sample dropping, its not even in the same league as GP medicine. The training alone of a new sales force in terms of products and diease states would take forever, and be a complete waste of money.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Current Allergan eye care rep here!

Your posted response makes you A MORON!!!

Actavis will promote their own existing reps who are paid a lot less than current Allergan eye care reps to promote our ancient eye care meds!

The eye care training was 3 weeks long spread in one year!

That is the typical pharma training with any pharma company you JACKA$$!

Keep drinking the Allergan Kool-Aid bragging about Allergan eye care training...I am laughing so hard I am about to wet my pants...

This is now Actavis! You not looking for a new job means less competition for me :)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are one AROGANT FOOL!

Hello doctor of ophthalmology I am your new Actavis rep!

Let me point at my shiny detail piece talking about Restasis...a drug that is over 12 years old and takes up to 6 months to have any beneficial effects...

Now let me point at my shiny detail piece talking about Lumigan .01%...a spin off on Lumigan .03% just so Allergan can promote the same old crappy eye drop that at .03% concentration made your glaucoma patients eyes so red that they looked stoned all the times...

Doctor can you believe your old Allergan eye care rep was getting paid $85,000 in base salary to point at shiny detail pieces bragging about their amazing eye care training on CP learning how to read shiny detail pieces?

You pompous Allergan eye care reps make us Actavis reps laugh without any mercy while we replace you!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis Pharma rep vs AGN Eye Pharma rep? These feeble and childish posts are almost unreadable. Just in case you don't know, it's obvious to most (I would hope) that you are relatively young, green and fearful about the uncertainty. Realize your posts are similar to witnessing an elementary school argument about who is going to get picked first for kickball. Accept that you truly have absolutely no idea how these decision will be made - only half baked fragments riddled with assumptions, hubris and false information.

Now, say you're sorry like good little kids, grab a juice box and spare us this nonsense.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did not post the remarks you are referring to, but find the post/remarks HILARIOUS!!!

As a current eye care rep who has been lied to so many times about "...there will be no layoffs" by Allergan management in the past 5 years, I do not feel the confidence you have about Actavis keeping Allergan reps in eye care.

Sadly, Allergan eye care reps are in many cases pompous, thinking they are superior, when in reality we are all overpaid pharma reps in eye care using detail pieces just like Actavis pharma reps.

We should drop the superiority complex and learn to get along with our new boss Actavis!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting to see what will happen in Facial Aesthtics, don't those reps make like 200k?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even Actavis knows Botox sells itself - btw they make like -175k - easy gig for sure!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no idea what a botox rep earns. Neither of you. $175-200k? not even close.Much lower! I love the "botox sells it self" shit you all like to post. Another thing you know NOTHING about!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like 150 an yes Botox sells itself but quotas are unrealistic. Shit will be 635 list by June- here we go!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont listen to this dude; Warner Chilcott was the most scandalous, unethical company in the industry thats why all; of their reps were fired. An example of the lack of ethics was the corporate policy of buying the business from docs via "medical education" dinners. Im not naive, but WC management didnt even try to hide the fact that this was what they were doing. There were even requirements for several of their sales teams that you HAD to do AT LEAST to "med ed" dinners per week. Then you had the company sanctioned illegal processing of prior authorizations by reps in doctors offices; this is a true story, as it was promoted as a best practice via group voice mail by a senior RSD. WC did not even have a compliance manager until 2013! I know it sounds to crazy to be true but it is.

More non-exagerrations are that of 800 reps, the average tenure of a WC rep was less than 18 months; there was an annual turnover rate of more than 35%. WC mainly hired inexperienced reps (99% of the time); and most were early to mid 20s in age. Every single monththere was a training class of 25 new reps, EVERY MONTH! Again, these are not exaggeration, but actual unbelievable facts.

Actavis had a requirement of two years of sales experience; on that alone 90% of WC reps did not even qualify. Now throw in the very severe compliance problems, and the devastating on going federal investigations, the WC sales force was not only very inexperienced, and improperly trained, but they were a severe potential liability for Actavis. The sales organization was larger than Actavis' and was rotten at its core. The bottomline is that WC sales people had very little experience in the industry, and very little tenure at WC thus they were not high paid at all; yet Actavis fired every songle one of them and replaced them with higher paid more experienced reps. THATS HOW BAD WC WAS.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Allergan Medical" division SEPARATE from everything else.

And yes, 30-40% of reps doing WELL OVER $200-250K this year.

Enjoy.