Riad El-Dada

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2014 at 3:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did this guy come from and how do we get rid of him?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The butcher comes from UG!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sorry to hear that Riad is now part of your life.

He came to Merck from a career in consumer marketing (ketchup). While he had a quirky sense of humor, he had absolutely no concern with the principles that made Merck a great company....."Put patients first, and the profits follow".

Riad was only serious about making a buck and getting ahead. And he had plenty of company in the midst of the UG "yicks" that took Merck down the drain after Ray Gilmartin took the reigns. Gilmartin delegated Merck's future to self-centered, ruthless and unscrupulous underlings. And the rest is history.....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like Obama, the guy sucks!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its always easier to tear down than build something meaningful. Apparently Obozo and people like Riad are cut from the same cloth

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about you stop making excuses and actually go to work and sell something?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riad was a soft boy who had his lunch stolen and ridiculed for being a pusee. It's no wonder he's trying to compensate.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess the obvious has to continually be restated hear. Having been in the industry for 20+ years I can say with certainty that anyone who really thinks that they are "selling" in this environment is delusional. Yeah, you may have some good doctor relationships or relatives who are physicians, from whom you can squeeze a little business out of, but be honest, your impact today is not worth a 6 figure salary on any planet. Simply put, the doctors are not the decision makers and the patients are detached consumers at best. The reigns to our chaotic healthcare system now belong to managed care and the government, both intoxicated in their orgy fest of money and power and all to happy to sit idly by while the rest of us take it straight up the a&%. Say what you want, but back in the day (not too long ago by the way) when people paid cash for their prescriptions, there was competition on price, and patients actually did something novel, they shopped for their drugs. Did they complain about the cost of drugs? of course, people always complain about things they really don't want to buy. But I would argue that in the nonsensical system that we now have, one devoid of any meaningful market forces, those costs, with their confusing and escalating differential co-pays and sky rocketing deductibles, have only been made exponentially worse.
    Are there too many reps today? Yes, and good people are simply going to have to be let go in mass, not because many aren't bright, or hard working, but because a once meaningful and impactful job has simply gone the way of the dodo bird. I will rest easier when the management hacks at Merck and the rest of pharma, who offered no resistance to this unholy power grab (or even worse endorsed it!), get shown the door along with the rest of us

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't making excuses.

Riad is emblematic of the new Merck----UG management ego stroking, backstabbing and bonuses first, AND to hell with patients, employees and profits.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I often wonder if management sees how bad access is or if the pencil compliance is the only thing they look at? Day in and day out we drive aimlessly looking for someone to prescribe our goods. Those that see us are either the old school physicians halfway out the door to retirement or someone who is in desperate need for resources or free lunches. At what point do these people in charge trim the fat and expand the territories? The industry has changed and some idiot needs to man up and cull the herd. Generics, generics generics. Managed cared , step edits or Obummacare. It won't get better so face the music. Consolidation is key for survival for the remaining days of the Pharma rep. Film cameras, telephone books, travel agencies and drug reps all have one thing in common..... Do the math Merck....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like excuses to me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's calling a spade a spade.
    And no one cares what you think it sounds like.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riad
    Hope you go to church this weekend and learn how to have some compassion for us.
    God bless.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left months ago, best thing I ever did, 15 years and never looked back. Pension is good but not worth staying for a shit job like this. Grass isn't that much greener but mother Merck will drain you. I make more money and feel better about myself so all is good. This job is what it is. As long as someone lets me do it I will, I have drugs and it's fun now. Just like the good ole days.