If you were let go

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell us your story if you are still unemployed or in a different industry.
    When were you let go? Have you looked at other drug companies? Have you looked at other industries? Are you getting inerviews? What is the job market like for downsized reps? How are layed off drug reps percieved by other companies? Did you use recruiters, the internet?

If you found a job, did you take a pay cut? How long did you look? Are you happy with your new position? How did you find your position?

Many more of us may be layed off soon. Your expereinces and insights may be helpful for those who may be following you out the door.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After over 15 years at GSK, I took the package last year.

- Have had several pharma interviews, received 2 offers. Having a hard time imagining getting back into the same old BS. Frankly, decided would be better served exploring new avenues.
    Got something outside of this racket and decided to give it a shot. No sense in living the definition of insanity, " doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you ask too many freakin questions!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was let go this year. 9 years with gsk good performer in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I had several interviews and landed a job with Teva. I must say Tevas culture is much better than gsks. They actually value their sales force. I am happy to be an ex Gsk employee.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I joined Pee Wee Herman's Playhouse on Broadway. Dark Mondays.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laid off in June, 11 years with SKglaxo 15 years total in the industry. Got hired in August with a top tem pharma company and got a 10% raise and a specialty position. Just got back from our national meeting and it was such a place where I was appreciated. No BS plus we had bottled water and no roomates.