New expansion ram positions.

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by Anonymous, Sep 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not trying to start an argument but I don't think the DM's will answer those questions with: well, we have very high turnover, a churn-n-burn sales force, hostile culture, 4 good territories and the rest are out of luck but are used as scapegoats, etc, etc, etc. That is why we are on here.

Are there metrics? Call reporting, tight expense policies (like needing every receipt even if its $1), lots of programs? Does the company do anything innovative to help reps? Sufficient patient education?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This person is perfect example of what I was talking about a few posts up. Sold on the "glamour" of a highly specialized drug and rumor you make a lot of money here. Look at their first few questions...all about money. The times of chasing the almighty dollar in this industry are far gone. So many many many things needs to be assessed before money in this industry today. Wait and see chicken little you all soon say the sky is falling shortly after your arrival here if you get the job. You are the "typical" person from the outside looking in. Wait and see...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The interview process and their ultimate selections are folks that have never proven themselves anywhere. The leadership/HR should be embarrassed with the scrap heap they are building for this new division. Good luck to those reps hoping to id pts and watch them refer to an expert all while they lose the sale and wonder when the heck a bonus may show up. Rack up the miles, miss family while serving the cause---in a year you'll all wonder why you joined this company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got offer and turned it down. What a bunch of misguided, unrealistic blow hards. Huge territory, questionable bonus, retirement not bad, vacation sub par, work/life balance--------Terrible. Work territory, it will eventually get smaller. Yeah just what I want to do give up my life for two years, chase down patients to not get credit for and then watch underperforming territories lay off their reps and recycle. NO Thanks!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has the Denver RAM (Metabolic) position been filled?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has Phoenix RAM position been filled? Who is the hiring DM if not? Thanks for your help.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see on Alexion's website seven open RAM territories for oncology. Are these reps that left, expansions in oncology, or RAM's that went over to the new division? Reading the posts here, it seems Alexion has a lot of turnover due to burnout. Thanks for any help.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would have to check postings but we don't have an oncology division. We have heme we have neph ( for now one in same with two indications together) and new positions in metabolic. No one "leaves" they cease to exist. Not kidding. Just gone one day never to be spoke of again. Burn out is more like kill off.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. The position on the website is "Regional Account Manager (Biotechnology, Oncology, Pharmaceutical Sales." I hear Alexion throws around large base salaries, which I believe is why reps are attracted to the company in the first place. But once inside, it sounds like a horror show to be avoided.I'm guessing I'll run from this.

Thanks again.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You hit the nail on the head.... large base salaries, orphan disease, and specialized product raise interest and suck people in but once they get in it is an absolute QOL disaster. If you have trouble sleeping or any type of semi anxiety in general that will be multiplied by 100x coming here. I can't blame people though as I was told something similar but still could not see the forest through the trees and came here. It's just not worth it from the hours worked divided by compensation alone not to mention the steep downhill trajectory of QOL from day 1 in training.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bull shit. You speak like a sell-out looking for insight for competition. Looks like you got some dribble in this thread. Must be happy. Nice try on the approach.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good question to ask - why is there constant turnover and very few who choose to stay here past 2 yrs

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dudes having a tough time understanding the entire US work force and economy

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's forget compensa tion for a moment.
    Our first indica tion was a slam dunk. For those of you not around then.
    Once diag assay perfected + Access to testing results + data for lifetime app = low hanging fruit.
    Even middle of nowhere had $$ territories didn't matter then.
    They expect to put size 2 on a size 20 and look the same.
    (Sorry ladies only comparison I could make)
    second dance has been different story.
    None of above mix for slam dunk. None. Need I repeat None.
    No matter pay or pressure, a pigs ear isn't a silk purse.
    And putting screws to us doesn't make it any more silk.
    And blame isn't sales force. Or new detail aid.
    Or patient education. Or payer system. Or bad territories.
    ????? What could it be??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is the average base and bonus for these positions ? What is bonus at plan ?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep. It is: so what.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the real deal here and orphan sales? Culture?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the honest feedback here. That's what this site is for!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you call your reps RAMs?