15% Of Women Have Slept With Their Bosses - And 37% Of Them Got Promoted For It

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Oct 18, 2014 at 7:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15% Of Women Have Slept With Their Bosses -- And 37% Of Them Got Promoted For It

ALYSON SHONTELL

Research from the Center for Work-Life Policy shows mid-level, professional women need powerful, senior executives to help promote them to the next level of management.

The problem is this: More often than not, superiors are males who are married.

Enter, sex.

In that same CWLP study, 34% of executive women claim they know a female colleague who has had an affair with a boss. Furthermore, 15% of women at the director level or above admitted to having affairs themselves.

And worse, 37% claim the action was rewarded: they said that women involved in affairs received a career boost as a result.

Meanwhile, all this hanky-panky is really screwing the rest of us, says Slyvia Ann Hewlett at Harvard Business Review’s Blog:

61% of men and 70% of women lose respect for a leader involved in an affair. Most poisonous of all, when a junior woman is having a sexual dalliance with the boss, 60% of male executives and 65% of female executives suspect that salary hikes and plum assignments are being traded for sexual favors. This can have a disastrous effect on morale and productivity. Forty-eight percent of men and 56% of women feel animosity towards the involved couple, and 39% of men and 37% of women see a fall off in productivity as the team splinters. Talk about collateral damage!

So what is Sylvia’s suggestion?

The time has come for rigorous, high-profile policies that punish offenders. It's not just about the parties involved anymore. Looking at the larger picture can show some dark times ahead for women in the workplace — something that should be stopped sooner rather than later.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not surprising

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can think of two "couples" that are here that can be poster children for this story. And most would agree that it has paid off in a BIG way for the women involved.

I have zero respect for any of the four, regardless of how lofty their positions are.

For you that call me holier than thou, I ask how you would like it if your spouse was boinking someone while you were sucking face at POAs, in Vegas, at the big trip over the pond with someone higher up the chain that you?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guilt will never go away. Not worth the quick bang.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does this surprise anyone? It's just sex. We all enjoy it, and women realize that they can enjoy it AND get a promotion/more money out of it. Sounds like a win/win for everyone involved.

If spouses are involved, then the marriage was fucked up anyway and doomed to fail for some other reason. Just work, fuck, and get promoted. Sounds awesome.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This probably includes mentors in addition to bosses.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is news?

I think not. It's an ancient story. Same shit, different day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is old news. However I do think the reporter got the numbers wrong.

They're much higher than she reported in her article. I'm sure any female that was surveyed for the article was completely honest with their responses. NOT!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a ho.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like it happened again in the Plains.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm thankful my AE mentor found me attractive and was willing to take special care of me, on this thanksgiving day!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well well well.....sure sign that the cp board was close to the truth...posts deleted. this crap is rarely accurate but pulling posts sure does add a bit of authenticity to info.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How so? It seems you would want them pulled if they were complete lies.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're just pissed because no one is sleeping with you. Quit trying to lay your morals on someone else. If someone is willing to give a promotion to someone else due to sex and the other person is willing to give sex to get a promotion, then we have the perfect union. Both people end up happy. Why is that a problem?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grow up!
    This is a news, noteworthy?

Sadly there are so many of these people willing to do the deed
    With hope of promotion that literally get screwed!
    Just think of the ambitious females exhibits on the SEA training.
    At least one GHTM who is in the field can chalk a promo up to a BRD who is now gone.

Then there is the collateral damage of someone at home, the stat missing is there is always someone at home in 50% of the scenarios.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It isn't - it only ends up being a problem when other people's husbands are part of that equation...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that's the case, it was going to happen anyway. No one leaves a blissful marriage to sleep with someone at work for a promotion. That's just the symptom of a marriage that was already headed south.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well obviously us regular'Joe reps (good old hetrosexes) are in line for some kind of class action suit here...

I mean, gee I never had the chance to sleep with any of my mgrs...they've all been straight males...not even queer...there was that one DM I had who was very tidy and anal about how my sample in trunk were arranged..but I mean I didn't even get a chance to be 'friendly in that kinda of way, when he decided we should go to Hooters, to see his other friend the waitress and the proceeded he didn't want to hear crap about it to the other reps or his soon to be ex-wife....Then at a national meeting I did help a drunk VP to her room (I'm trying here to play the game)...only to find her 'girlfriend' already there shooing me away...

So far I'll just sit in lobbies as nice ol'ladies saddle up and talk to me about my interesting job.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is Pharma, group meetings are no different then a Frat party. Have people away from home, add alcohol to the mix and all the hanky panky starts.