Afrezza Dead

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Nov 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based upon estimated COGS, this product is not marketable at the price discounts offered by insulin manufactures. History does and will repeat itself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another uninformed joker trying to influence the stock price ...... Will they ever learn?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talking about margins now?? wow.
    Shorts desperate at this point. Their analysis on Afrezza has been wrong at every turn.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consistantly putting a hormone in the lung will eventually kill this product

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever is it about Sanofi that makes the analysts and everyone else hate them with such a vengeance? This has really started to perplex me as I have read the comments about the Sanofi presentation and the thoughts put forth after that Sanofi was not behind Afrezzza and that Tuojeo has nothing new to offer (but Tresiba DOES??) There has been a full rebuttal now but nevertheless it seems that the company is on everyones shit list. WHY??? I know the reps would have plenty to say but that seems a little biased...even physicians don't give the company high marks. It seems it is time for a total overhaul of the corporate image..how has this evolved?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Started with the Accomplia debacle. Throw in Viehbacher pissing everyone off and being arrogant with managed care contracts then you end up with the corporate mess now. Ann was a disaster and wasn't capable of running a carwash. Bad leadership has been the demise.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It started when BR and AW removing all the VPs that knew the business and were driving success in the market.....added GSK cronies that did not know market or business and caused chaos by adding consultants, change agents and layers that did not drive revenue and then tried management by metrics, spreadsheets that did not make sense and intimidation. Only "yes" managers in the circle please.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes the corporate image needs to be shined up.It has suffered for myriad reasons. And the sales force has been demoralized entirely. I just watched an amazing show on HBO I think called State of Play and it doesn't seem relevant at first glance but give it a watch. What I am convinced of is that Sanofi reps are set up to fail and then told to monitor there failures with extreme vigilance. There is no winning. There is no celebration of the journey. Just a relentless sledgehammer coming down on your temple with numbers that never add up. Most of the "monitoring" systems, e.g., TPS, goal trackers, all of that, are a mess of inaccuracies and confusion yet we are forced to develop our plans from them and speak to the business using them.
    This is very, very unfortunate as they are pieces of shit. Sorry it is the truth. So my point is that this is a wide cultural problem. Exacerbated by technologies that don't work and make things worse. You have to have employees that are permitted to succeed at something once in awhile. The wells are running dry. As to why , or even if, any of this contributes to the general bad reputation Sanofi has I do not know. But I say that thinking deep inside, how could it not?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stuff is not cheap to make and payers will compare it to current insulin pricing. Given that fact and despite Garrett's delusional views, the truth is Exubera failed due to both inability to be profitable based upon payer price demands and concerns about safety. Its a "TURKEY"!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Afrezza will be priced similar to other pen injectibles. The insurance issue has been addressed. Contrary to the FUD, there is no lung issues per numerous studies and data. Margins are currently fair and will improve to "good" once sanofi insulin is approved.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prepare yourselves sales force. This drug will never see market. Remember the Lixi launch prep meeting. Instead of prepping for a launch we were told it was pulled. Same with Afreeza. Only reason they are in collaboration with this is to keep it off the market so it does not eat into the Lantus or Super Lantus patients. You just wait and see. Same as Lixi!!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pure garbage. Please cite your sources. This sounds like some conspiracy theory drivel dredged from an over active paranoid mind. During pre launch, better short arguments will beat the drum of niche product only, delayed launch, or any other more credible imaginary scenario.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't Afrezza a prandial insulin not competing lantus toujeo or lixi?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You a doctor? Please explain. Proof of this is critical to investment of time or money.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same as the Pfizer bong. Nobody will use it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude they learned the hard way. 21st century margins are razor thin. They need to build share no matter what. They will offer huge rebates. Nobody wants to see another Apidra. Esi and CVS call the shots and bilgewater knows it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is a prandial insulin, but if you know anything about treatment with insulin, it will eat into the amount of basil used. The same reason Lixi did not launch.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Garrett will fix it!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The cold chain team'll fix it