another rep gone - abbott nutrition

Discussion in 'Abbott Nutrition' started by Anonymous, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is happening to everyone? Everytime I look someone is quitting, get fired, etc. What the hell happened to Carl??!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are seeing the handwriting on the wall for this company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait until the ACA mandates kick in for all insurance companies to pay for breast pumps...and not the cheap ones (like the one we put in the dbags years ago), good ones. We will begin to lose more non-wic people who would rather breastfeed, but the up front costs of the pumps can be high, so they pay us a little every month for formula.

In the end, all formula companies will be stung by ACA and be stuck with wic customers. If you are not forced out, the only reason to hang around would be to watching the Titanic go down.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The culture on the pediatric side has changed so much. It used to be about helping babies. Now it is only about hospital contracts and the money. Our customers are fed up with us and the hospitals are laughing at the completely unprofessional way we are trying to manipulate them into contracts. The work load has quadrupled in the past year. The late night hours are required and tracked and management is only being done thru fear and intense micromanaging. The compensation is not there to make up for the 14 hr days and the new required skill set for which most of the sales force lacks the experience and training. The new bonus structure is not an incentive and we are all making quite a bit less money for quite a bit more work. It is a business model we in the field are struggling with morally and the stress level forced upon us by management is making it nearly impossible to successfully do our job. It is not helping the industry as a whole and we are digging our own grave.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Morale is at an all time low and the micro-managing is only going to intensify.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes morale is unbelievably low. Everyone I know is looking for a way out. I've talked to many reps who have been in this division for 20-30 years who say they are too embarrassed to walk into their accounts and face the people they have built relationships and formed friendships with for all of these years. Most say they can hardly look at themselves in the mirror every morning. The pay and bonuses keep deteriorating and are not enough to keep us here anymore. Upper Management have no idea how badly they have missed the mark and just keep feeding the lie to THEIR Managers. This used to be a division of which to be proud of working for. It is sad, really.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the last three posts have really hit the problems here. An unhappy salesforce is an unproductive salesforce no matter how much we are threatened. Sure you can replace us with ex nurses but unfortunately their sales skills are non-existent. I have so much to say but it really isn't worth it. It will fall on deaf ears.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't even leave my house anymore because I'm too busy writing and submitting "strategic plans" and reports for my accounts which I guess are supposed to be different than my Hospital Growth Plans, and 2nd Quarter Plans, Innovation Updates, Accountability Spreadsheets, Weekly Account Spreadsheets, Weekly Budget Spreadsheets, Monthly Reports which are simply reports of other reports, Baby Loss/Gain Reports, Expense Reports, Gratis Reports, and the new one where my manager wants me to make a spreadsheet and report how many times I stop to use the restroom in a day, where I stop, and what my 90-day plan is to reduce these stops so that I might be able to devote that time resource into getting into my no-see hospitals and get those nurses who don't want to see me to begin with to come on out for margaritas with me during one of the 12 5:1s I am required to do each week.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha!!!! LMFAO!!! SO true! What a great display of the ridiculousness!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its sounds like things are going well. Keep up the good work!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a Nurse Manager tell me yesterday that I would not be allowed back on the floor again with my manager. She said they had been polite to her because they all liked, respected, and valued me and they knew that putting up with managers was part of my job but they absolutely refused to sit through another 50 slide, high-pressure power point presentation. No kidding! They don't have time for that crap!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are so right. managers should not be allowed in offices or hospitals. they never know when to shut-up! they like to "spew" all their so-called intelligence all over these medical professionals. I tell my manager its best if he/she stays in the car and reads the newspaper!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I have been gone for a few years now after being pushed out. I thought it was bad back then just after the recall but it sounds MUCH worse now.

For my few friends that are still there...I will keep you all in my prayers.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had DV out with me and she decided to debate 1 of my neonatologists regarding the packaging of liquid protein. The next time I saw the neo he told me how unprofessional he thought she was. He wonderd how she could possibly be in her position as VP.

All the poor management starts at the top. The model needs to change from above unfortunately there's no light at the end of the tunnel here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The slide started when Bleck pushed out McManus. Remember the days when an entire sales force would run through a wall for the VP of Sales?!? Not anymore!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been told that my job is in jeporady unless I can get a major hospital system in a very high WIC area of my territory in a non-Abbott WIC state to sign a 95% whole hospital agreement. The system has no interest in standardizing and I have been told that if they did it would not be with Abbott. May as well hand over my car keys now!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay him off and take him to the right establishments. The works!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will be put on plan first, then after it is done you will have some limbo time before they can you...if you don't get put on plan before August you will get let go right before Christmas.

I would suggest that you start sandbagging retail product now (Elecare and Alimentum are the bomb) and store it well away from where someone might see it if they were clearing you out. Sell it on ebay 8 cans of powder at a time (fits in large priority box), Elecare goes for $150 a case and Alimentum $100. As long as you will have to get a new car, you might as well have the money in hand...also, do not start listing until you have your last check and closed out.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would sell everything right away on ebay. Why wait for your money. Get started right away.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not while you are still employed, you have a couple of months to set things up...and if you get caught while still employed, no plan, no time, fired right there.

Start ordering in the elecare and alimentum (retail sizes only)