2012 Pay Freeze

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one is useful.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait until the bonus cut is announced in November. Year X part 2 is here!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you like that, wait until you see the details on converting the bonus plan to a "special" stock plan. "Its like money in the bank" will be the tagline. Problem is, its not your money and its not your bank.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Based upon unprecedented demand from POP Surveys, your Bonus Plan can be imagined in this fasion: Picture yourself scubadiving in a cesspool with a fondue fork...now, see that choice morsel floating by...SPEAR IT! That is your nonGAAP Fully Amortized Net Contingent Payout, (nGFANCP)..."

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I remember "Year X" well. It was also when they made the decision to kill natural products-based discovery - likely a mistake in retrospect.

Anyway, makes sense they would try the same 1-2 punch again (salary freeze one year, no or reduced bonus the next). Although I more so expected them to double or triple the layoff number (of 5500) and keep the salary raises and bonuses for the 'survivors' this time around. Maybe a little of both will occur considering the severity of the problem this time.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep in mind that those layoffs will get a 1.0 multiplier for their bonus regardless of their performance which will limit the amount others will get.

My SWAG is another 500 rebadged employees mainly in the manufacturing side to be announced by end of August.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1-2-3 punch actually, when you consider they will totally punt neuroscience r&d, much as they did with the antinfective/natural products areas...insanity does repeat itself.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of a salary freeze, why not cut out peer to peer programs. Has anyone ever done an analysis to see that it is the same customers that attend these programs over and over again. Think about all of the money we could save.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk about saving money...how about they stop sending "Overnight Fed-Ex / UPS" material that can obviously wait the 2 or 3 days it takes in the regular mail? Seriously, do I really need to see the new Cymbalta promo by first thing on Tuesday morning? I wonder what that cost analysis would show? $.44 for a letter in 3 days or $11.50 overnight? Hmmmnnn....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MORON. There is only a strike price with stock options... the poster was talking about stock GRANTS, a horse of a different color. Get on board or get off.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to break the news to you, but it would cost MORE to change the system. We hear this complaint a lot. But the vendors that send out this stuff do so with a contract that specifies either FedEx or UPS. Those are what the existing mailing addresses that they are given are for. To try to tie up the list that we send to the vendors, with an non-express mailing would cost a fortune because there is no software program in place to develop that list. The actual cost of the mailings are very small compared to the cost of developing the mailings, and this is actually the most cost effective way to get it done.
    I think the field sales force here needs to try to look at things from a 30,000 foot level, not from a 5 or 6 foot perspective.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a cost saving idea. Stop sending Sr. Directors and directors all over the world every 3 days to have a 4hr. meeting in an affiliate office with 5 people. Anyone ever heard of "video conferencing". I use to get up at 3am to attend a 4 hr. video conference at 5am in a VC room with sales training managers from all over the world. Decisions were made right then and there on important issues. Agendas were sent in advance to give people a chance to review what decisions needed to be made. I have 5 Sr. Dir. and Dr. traveling every 4 days for a 2 day trip to another country to meet with a few people for a day, 3 hrs. of that day spent on eating.

Sorry but I DONT GET IT!. Can the affilliate management not make decisions without having a Director from corporate there? Maybe the directors from corporate should relocate to some of the affilaite countries if they need to be there so often.

Any thoughts?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I have a thought for you: If you don't like the way that the company is spending money, why don't YOU become a Director and change it, Mr. KnowItAll. You have no concept of how this company is run, or why, from your level. You know NOTHING. So just please shut up and go pack your trunk.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are so stupid that you are still working at You Stink Lilly in 2012, you deserve a permanent pay freeze!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is so true!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering how GREAT past pay and benefits have been, all long-time veterans should be saying "Do not ask what your country can do for you, ask what you ...." That's right, everyone pony up 10% of pre-tax income in return for some employee ownership.

Better yet, collect up to 25% of pay and give shares in return, maybe discounted 10-15%. Within a single generation, you will have employee ownership.... and what that happens, all of the toxic posts on this board will magically melt away.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incompetent bosses and senior leaders does not = employee engagement
    Bad bosses/sr. leaders + 2012 pay freeze does not = employee engagement.
    Bad bosses/sr. leaders + 2012 pay freeze + extra spotlights does not = employee engagement.
    Bad bosses/sr. leaders + 2012 pay freeze + extra spotlights + extravagant meetings/carnivals does not = employee engagement.

John, Bryce, Dave, Rob wake up! The problem with employee engagement is about the incompetence of your reports. Eliminating our (the employees struggling to make ends meet/raise families/cover the rising costs of benefits) pay raises while you sit on fat salaries is just icing on the cake. The absurdities you are using to try and "drive employee engagement" are just lipstick on a pig.