top reps

Discussion in 'Novartis Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are the top Novartis animal health reps in the country? Not just numbers, but who stands out on presence, populaity, leadership, impact, etc? Top 5....Anyone?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None- they all went to Elanco!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None. They are all classless

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say CF

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who has left NAH and gone to Elanco?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just the good ones

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. Not all of the good reps have left. I have won Legend's the last 3 years, and will win again this year. I interviewed with Elanco last month for an open position in my territory. I decided to stay with Novartis for several reasons. As we have seen, Novartis and many other companies often get hit with disruptions in product supply. Having been in the industry for 15 years, only the strong, well diversified companies can survive such issues. Should Elanco experience any long term problems with spinosad, or their Chinese supply of milbemycin, where will they be? If, for example, the FDA pulled spinosad for some reason, could Elanco survive on the rest of their portfolio? Assurity and prozac for dogs will not float the boat. Their parent company has lost or is about to lose patent protection on some huge human pharma products. Also, on the horizon, are new oral products from competitors that will kill ticks as well as fleas. How will Elanco fare against those new competitors? Trifexis is soaring at the moment, but we all have clinics that have brought it in this year in the absence of Interceptor and Sentinel and have not been happy with the cost or tolerability.

In my opinion, the best reps have stayed. We are anxiously awaiting the return of our HW meds. Starting from zero is a huge challenge, and the best of us will be able to get our clinics back. The future promises to be even brighter, as we advance into more therapeutic markets, leaving the flea/tick world to focus on more challenging disease states and innovative therapies. Those of you who have left and those who are relishing in our temporary supply issues, just know that not everyone is a quitter. You only have market share to lose in the coming months, and we only have share to gain. You will feel the sting of being the once sought after prize, as our previously faithful clinics realize how much they truly loved us and welcome us back with open arms.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep drinking the kool aid. Elanco is comprised with the best of the best from top to bottom or bottom to top. They know what they are doing and your customers are so po'd over the Novartis debacle. It will take plenty of time if not infinity to get them back. What about selling products at cost co etc? Vets are not happy. That is a major issue over not being able to produce product. That hits their wallet and there is nothing a relationship can do to remedy that. Good luck and good selling. Sorry you did not land the Elanco gig.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not work for Elanco or Novartis, but I do work for one of your major competitors. Here's my take, for a more objective view-

Elanco has very solid management and strategies which clearly resonate with vets. They are also the darlings of the distribution world. Reps at ELanco seem universally happy. However, as a pet owner, you couldn't pay me to use Comfortis or Trifexis. The success of these products is based on lazy veterinarians who like their income protected, but don't dig very deep into science. Comfortis is a one trick pony when numerous tricks are needed in today's world. Trifexis is a Sentinel copy cat that is the size of a dinner plate with AEs up the wazoo.

Novartis has the opposite problem. i truly doubt there is a more F-ed up management team than Novartis', who neither know how to launch a product or deal with supply issues - or respond to competitors. The reps I know at Novartis are less happy than any in the industry, with the possible exception of Merial reps. OTOH - Novartis products, while certainly not innovative, actually are quite effective.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good and fair post...These companies are in it to make money. Maybe they looked at the common vet and decided that many vets are going to do what is best for their practices from a business perspective. I do not think that I would call it lazy. Perhaps, they are savy business people trying to streamline. I mean, they are animals and they have to pick a protocal.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't know Merck then.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually I do know Merck, as I work for MAH. And yes, management is a mess there too (though hopefully on the way to being cleaned out). But no, it's not close to the horror stories I've heard from people at Novartis. They "win" - though both MAH and Merial are close contenders...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis is a fine place to work.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis is a fine place to work until we get layed off. Our human side can't continue to subsidize forever. We won't have Sentinel back until 2Q at best and Interceptor maybe 4Q. This will be another tough year!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I go on my merry way selling my Novartis products and close them solid. " Oh, by the way, when can we expect the product?" Well Dr., we have a slight issue that has been going on for over a year now. Hopefully, some will arrive in the second qtr. of 2013. Uh, I mean, that's what they told us. Uups, I mean I think that is what the latest news is ...eerr...maybe that was what they told us last year at this time.
    Wow, what a job, selling products that basically do not exsist.
    Circling the drain even with the availabilty at a gas station/food mart. Not drinking anymore of the kool-aid here!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then leave. Future is bright, human side is the second biggest in the world, they can keep us afloat forever if they wanted to. Why would management tell you anything since it ends up on here 48 hours later?

Lave and make room for someone that likes making bonus checks.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please tell me how you make bonus on a product/s that you cannot deliver. Also, please tell me how you deal with the ethical issues of undercutting the vets by selling all products in the big box stores. Bottom line here is the vets hate nah. nah is taking $$$$ out of their pockets. Keep drinking the kool aid bro. Your a frog in a pot of water with the burner set on high.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't bet on human side with obamacare...That is the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on here!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are making same bonus as if we had big three products. No difference. It's what good companies do for their employees.