Is an MBA required for an Assistant Brand Manager Position?

Discussion in 'Procter & Gamble' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is an MBA required for an Assistant Brand Manager Position? It states no on the credential prerequisites, however, some internals state that only MBA candidates are considered.

Can anyone intelligently address this?

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put it this way..... If I had gone through all the personal and financial upheaval to do an MBA (Which I have) I would not be looking for an assistant brand managers position unless it had a direct route to a CEO position within 3 years....

Its a bit OTT to exepct an MBA at that level...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and it better not be an online version.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a bit OTT to exepct an MBA at that level...

That is funny...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The worst managers always have MBA's and read management books. How to treat people with respect is not something that can be learned in a book.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

c

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MBA is a waste of money. Experience, people skills, common sense I will hire over a MBA'er. To many get an MBA and have shit for brains in the business.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disagree; if you have an MBA plus the attributes you mention your are in good position. If you have any aspirations to move above the Assistant Manager position you will need the MBA.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a HR/Recruiter over the years, I have seen BS degree folks with 3-5 years experience to better fill the needs of many. MBA is nice for your resume, but it takes common sense, and great people skills also.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest