Hospira MMS Division

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi All, what is your opinion of the future of Hospira's IV Pump division when the acquisition is complete? Does Pfizer really want to keep the IV Pump division??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably not. It doesn't seem to fit with the other businesses. BUT, Pfizer would not just shutter it. The business has value and will probably be sold very quickly. That may not be bad. If you look at other division sales by Pfizer (Capsugel to KKR and Consumer Products to J&J) those folks landed in a pretty good place. Good luck to you!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your response!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't thank me too fast. I found this on FiercePharma:

"Also in 2015, Pfizer broke the short winter dry spell in med tech deals by purchasing Hospira ($HSP) for $17 billion. The deal was primarily driven by that company's biosimilar pipeline, but Pfizer CEO Ian Read felt compelled to tell investors that he likes Hospira's infusion pumps business and intends to continue managing it."

Maybe it stays. I still believe, though, that it is not something that just goes away. Either it stays with Pfizer or it gets sold very quickly -- like a pass through kind of deal - and will be bought by someone with plans for the business.

Good luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm kind of anxious to see what they plan to do with the IV Flex facilities in the USA

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who do you conduct your paid-research for?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't do research for anybody but myself. I'm trying to figure out if I need to start looking for a new job!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When Pfizer buys you it's in your best interest to start looking. As an ex Wyeth person who made it over to this sh*thouse I can tell you the +80% who got let go were probably the lucky ones. You may consider yourself fortunate if you are retained; but after a year or two you realize what a clusterf**k company this really is! I stayed a couple of years then got the hell out. Good luck my friend.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly that's all true................