KAM Kuts

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have no ideas what Pfizer KAMs do so I am completely unqualified to comment (but that has never stopped me in the past). I think the root cause of KAM failure is metrics that matter to the new customer (the IDN executive). Health systems think in populations. Pharma thinks in brands. Health systems don't give a crap about brands. (Docs did and do.)

Until you have outcomes data that plug into IDN risk models, KAMs won't have a credible story to tell.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not that KAMs don't have enough to do or contribute. It's that there are too many of them, the training sucks, we don't really engage in contract negotiations - Pfizer is a take it or leave it Wal-Mart style company, as a company we aren't very customer centric and the KAMs are some of the biggest bullshitters which is the most important skill to succeed in this position.

Doing the job could actually get you in more trouble than just saying how great a job you are always doing.

Maybe, they'll be better deployed to make some strategic differences.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do KAM RMs do?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was the last time a KAM shared an actual project success that contributed to ANYTHING that would REMOTELY lead to a return on investment for their grade 15 salary?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do we need KAMs and ITS's and VAMs and IS reps calling on the same customer? Can't 1 rep just do it?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that would be an awful idea...that would mean that you could identify who is responsible and hold people accountable for failing. not the Pfizer way!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean removing layers of bureaucracy above all these positions that people have so carefully created for self preservation? Even all they do is create Hollywood level scripts to justify their existence just like the KAM, VAM, Mini-KAM and whatever other AM do? Might as well put a Go Pro CAM on the payroll too and have it report to a layer of management created by from a bunch of cast off RM's from. 5 years ago. THAT's the Pfizer way. No way you could just have 1 rep go into an institution and talk to the handful of people that will work with industry and get done what can be done.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a KAM gets cut back to a DBM will they still keep their Level 15 salary? Or take a KAM cut on that?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do KAM RMs do?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lick Labias.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updates?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask your wife, I told her the whole story last night after I took care of business. She isn't getting what she needs from you at home. Cut back on those field rides bud! They are a waste of time! No rep access anyway and all you do is wait in the car.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They aren't supposed to say anything or it could jeopardize their severance

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The cuts were slim. Most KAMs were placed. The ISS group was completely lost.

16. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Guest

What KAMs were actually let go? Who/where were others placed?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most post above: Nailed it, nailed it, nail it..............
    Good idea, good concept, poor execution, it was used to create thiefdoms and power players.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope Savine gets his. Biggest asshole ever.