Let go: share other industries hiring

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope passing is not 65.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not all that difficult? Please share personal anecdotes of you you breezed through medical school, and chose instead the life of Panera bread catering and sample-checking, for 10 years peppered with a "Hows that Celebrex working' out for you, doc? Need more samples?" 6 times a day

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wasting your time. No one ever thinks that they will get cut. Ironically, the longer and more "glorious" your career here, the more likely that your salary is high. And guess what THAT increases your likelihood of? Snip-snip-snip.

Don't worry. Publicis Touchpoint has some openings for a GSK contract. But ya better hurry, because there are boatloads of people lining up to take those contract jobs!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP started this thread awhile ago. I notice that I haven't seen too many company names float across here as viable options to hire former Pfizer reps.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I assumed that most reps already worked at Starbucks, panera, or as a professional magazine reader in a doctors waiting area? Seems like that is where they always are if not at home so u guess I wrongly assumed that they were actually employed there.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Sparky...news flash!

Contract positions are better!

The main reason (many others, but I don't have time for you people) is the companies are understanding that the contract model works, and they are going to continue to utilize contract companies because it helps the bottom line...

and guess who gets hired first for these contract jobs? NOT YOU! It is going to be those you don't have the big egos and have contract experience, and most importantly, understand that these are very good jobs...something you are too stupid to understand.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wuss boy Where you been ?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contract spots are better? OK, I'll go over to a random contract CP site and tell them that I know for a fact that Pfizer is hiring a new division of full-timers. Since its a "better" job, I assume that no one will bite….

CSOs are the wave of the future in this industry, but that doesn't make those spots "better". They merely represent the new reality.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contracts are good for retirees or people close to retirement who need/want to work, working moms with kids as a second household income, recent college grads looking for some quick sales experience (1-2 year max gig). They don't pay as well, but the flip side is...how much do you really give a sh*t about the job. It's the perfect pass the iPad back for a signature gig. It's totally metric based / hit your number of "detail/signature" calls, don't have to worry about scripts (look at their bonuses). A contract last for what 1-2 years, so milk it and move on to the next one. The hardest part of the contract is the training-after that it's a cake job. It's not a "career" profession like this job used to be, and yes-it is the future (unfortunately).

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put up with it as long as be necessary and then at 60 or whatever do something you truly love and work for yourself.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1) You're going to have to be more clear about "working for yourself". Most pharma lifers I know spend more time bragging about how nice pharma sales USED to be than looking forward. I know more than a few that look forward to retirement so that they can go "golfing' or fish-in" every day. Really? How long will that last before you're bored out of your skull.

My uncle was a lifer for Glaxo and checked out in 1998 or so. He told me that went to more funerals in between 2000-2010 than he thought he'd ever have to go through in life. He said that his former colleagues were literally bored to death.

Im saying all of this to say that PRE retirement, people need to have their passion and business model lined up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It totally depends upon how truly interesting you are as a person and your interests. I have been retired for several years and have never looked back; the freedom is great. One can work part-time, volunteer, golf, play tennis, fish, redo houses, ski follow the stock market more often, read, along with a million other activities. The truth is many people do nothing but work and that is their sad ending.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know a guy who stayed working in Pharma until he was 72. They couldn't get rid of him. He finally was forced out when the company was bought. He got 2 years severance and died before it ran out. I talked to him about 3 months into his forced retirement and he said how great it was and that he should have done it sooner. Could of, should of......what a shame.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After 20 years of misery, I jumped. Downsized to a little house, and little car and returned to school. I got a dental tech degree and now make dental crowns. No longer do I wake up and pit-out by 8:00 AM or take 12 medications to function.

It got to the point were I despised management. Clowns with fancy shoes and business verbiage picked from a business book at the FedEx store. The arrogance and self-importance was too much to live around. 10% of the nation is truly talented. The other 90% (which includes me) will beat each other to death for a meager salary and piss poor management.
    No thanks.

We do not go out as much or take fancy vacation, but the trade off is well worth it.

Do not lose sight of your happiness and family.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could haves and should haves do not work in life. So when you see that 65 year old rep who looks ridiculous tell her to enjoy her life before its over.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok that is dope. Boca Grande is beautiful.

How much for a day out with you guys? I am a novice, but will be in the area around July 4th weekend.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds like my manager uses the same metrics....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is Pfizer-we are metric based!!