Why the high turnover?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have read a lot of these posts....can someone tell me the main three or four reasons why reps leave all the time? Is it the products? The management? Compensation? Or all three?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too many former US Surgical reps, and a heavy dose of those arrogant enough to be US Surgical reps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not as high as the few people on this board make it out to be. At least not in my zone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that loser from Milwaukee still there? What a loafer.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just left in the past 6 months. i can tell you that the main reasons why people have left or are leaving is mostly because the compensation plan as it currently stands for tm's is tough to survive off of. sure you may have a few good quarters and get a conversion or partial conversion, but then what? the majority of the comp plan is dependent on year over year growth. don't let some ahole in mgmt tell you otherwise. you can definitely make $150,000 or more, but I can guarantee you that it will be short lived and you'll be making nothing for the quarters where you don't have any new business coming in.
    mgmt is tough but i can only speak for my district and zone. it's going to be like any other company. some guys are great, others will get on there knees the second they see said or 1 of his US surgical cronies walk through the door.
    from what i heard before i left, they had energy products coming out and in the healthcare market today, being cheaper than a covidien or ehticon will definitely get you into purchasing's office. don't be fooled though. if their unproven energy products are anything like their trocars, they probably won't be taken seriously. i hope this helps. you can tell the posts that are extremely pro Applied coming from a manager who is full of crap and the ones who probably weren't cut out to be in sales in the first place but i try to be honest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN...now this is a true, well thought out response...I worked here as well and this person is being very honest about everything said.....Including the comment about the positive post being written by a douch bag manager...now get back to role playing!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The compensation plan is w/o a doubt, the worst in the industry. AM is just a training ground to pave your way to other companies. They really could care less who leaves.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was your name again? Oh never mind. I don't care.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like you got the AM management memo.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know another reason why this company has such high turnover: The benefits are friggin terrible. We just got an email tellin us to signup for the 401k this year and if you keep reading they say Applied only contributes 25 cents on the dollar up to 2% of your total comp. What kind of garbage is that? I just came over from a company that contributed FOUR TIMES that!!!! For arguments sake, lets say I make $100k this year. 2% of that is $2,000 and .25 = $500. that's pretty sad if you ask me. Like I said, I juts got hired earlier this year, but I thought I was reading this wrong when I got this. Get with the times Applied corporate, that's a pretty pathetic incentive if you ask me.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The high turnover may be the result of several factors:

1) Cheap Company- They will find ways to keep your pay low, and pass along the savings to the customer, or use that money to invest in their R&D. That's how they are able to undercut competitors on price, and bring out new products all at the same time.

2) Poor Quality of Life- Very demanding, they expect you to work harder although with little benefit/reward. This is how they are able to steal market share from competitors. Say goodbye to your personal life, and hello to slave labor and micromanagement.

3) No Loyalty- If you are not working your life away, and bowing down to managers with egos bigger than any of your surgeons then kiss your job goodbye.

4) Poor Management- Lacking the ability and desire to motivate people, and keep people around. It's their way, or the highway.

Churn em and burn em AMDC..

-Former Applied Employee

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Comp plan sucks. This company is just to get your foot in the door, not to make a career here. TM's have a rough life with this comp plan. It won't get any better. Hopefully, I will be gone in a couple of months to a much better situation.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many Applied reps are hit by problems from previous reps that they cant solve while making a commission. Experienced reps leave quickly continuing the well known turn over trend.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say that I agree with posts stating that it is a good starting ground, in fact, years ago (ON MY FIRST DAY), I overheard two reps saying the same thing...HOWEVER, the amount of recruiters and more companies than none (even the mediocre companies), are weary of the reputation that AM has...as time progresses, Applied digresses, it's only a matter of time before recruiters laugh AT the rep and not WITH the reps who are looking to get out of the bottomless abyss AKA Applied Medical (not even sure it deserves correct punctuation) and seek ACTUAL employment in a culture that high-up managers don't slit their own wrists AND the wrists of their team members on countless occassions...or sleep with them...or get arrested in broad daylight and wake up chained to a hospital bed...(apparently this is true somewhere... I would love to hear the real story behind that one. Wouldn't doubt if it was the joke of a manager in LA or TX, I've heard he/she is a real winner.

As far as the comp plan, I would say that it goes hand in hand with other companies in health care at this time. With that said, you can make money but once you make it, ONCE, you'll never make it again. Focus products are a joke, "energy products" have been in the works for over 5 years and there is still nothing to show.

Trocars...with balloons, sounds about right because if you work for Applied people treat you like a damn clown anyway.

Alexis? Cool. About as cool as condoms.

If you're a man and asking this question...I say do what I came close to doing and go get a job at Starbucks...not only will your customers take you more seriously but your benefits will probably be better.

If you're a lady...I don't know what to tell you.

Either way, just don't.

It's interesting that managers are always posting erroneous bullshit on this site and not working but I am sure that ass-hat bosses pay them to do this...they sure as hell can't manager anyone any better than my 3 year old could.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the drought hits us our grass does not grow like we are accustomed to and it effects our cattle.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AM loves high turnover! They promote it with their amazingly piss poor comp plan! AM is viewed by other companies as THE bottom of the barrel. If 90% of reps quit on the same day, AM could care less. I left awhile back, and every damn rep I know with AM is trying like hell to leave! But, that's exactly what the company wants to happen!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's humorous that no "managers" have anything to say about this message board but every other board they are quick on the draw…did your "zone VP's" threaten to take away your 5mm clip applier, again?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What other boards? Would like to read.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going on in the Northeast? I heard reps are leaving in droves!!!! Senior Mgmt needs to get their you know what together.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am laughing out loud at the fact that multiple people are obviously called out in the above threads and no upper MAN-agement has anything to say about it!

Take it for what it's worth, applied (as the person above said, no proper punctuation needed) is run by a bunch of fat and drunk old men with a crew of younger women behind them, obviously...after all it's clear they are the only ones limber enough to bend down to wipe the asses of the droopy assed men telling them who to blow (up a balloon) next.