Why the long faces?

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems like everyone is so stressed out over all the changes happening with the merger. Have we lost focus on what we're here for? People positioning themselves for positions, throwing each other to the wolves. Has anything good happened on the inside since we've been bought? The crap attitudes are getting old!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A horse walks into a bar.
    The bartender looks up and says "Why the long face?"

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a corporate perspective, I would imagine the merger would allow them to become leaner and meaner. But on a local level, this could open opportunities. They will have to discontinue some products and reps will have to be let go. This could open doors. They will also have more leverage to become sole vendors at many accounts but I do think this could create some openings for business.

What does everyone else think?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was it Sarah Jessica Parker? Just curious. Or Beth stern? Baba booey

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Puhhlease.... There is no company like J&J Depuy Synthes that has so many freaking layers of BS positions. Too much grab-assing, high fiving, and title distributing to worry about the field level and customer. This will last only while the stock continues to climb. Once it stops, the titles that are overhead will simply be cut one by one. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sure hope you're right. Try getting a return phone call from the knee team... Ain't gonna happen. Too busy kissing ass to worry about supporting the field. The amout of ego stroking going on right now is disgusting. I gave up on corporate when the merger happened. Who would have guessed the support could have gotten worse. Hey knee team, good luck with surviving the cuts heading your way! No effing sympathy here!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sole vendors? One would think right? Just look to MN to see how that all worked out. J&J dropped the ball and would not play. Instead they walked away from $13 million in ortho business and 40% of that was already in the hands of Depuy. Nope, instead they let Stryker and S&N have it all. Distributor realizes he won't make his normal seven figure income so people lose jobs and see commissions slashed. The climate has changed people. If it is not in your area of the country yet, watch out because it will come. It might not be overnight. Maybe J&J will step up and realize the breadth of their line not only in in ortho, but beyond and really leverage that. Otherwise they will keep walking away and putting distributors in the unenviable position of having to choose between putting new hardwood floors in their jets or layoffs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like it will be layoffs. Could be a good opportunity to cut out the fat layers that have been added over the years. Middle management is where they should start. None of those people bring value. They just collect their fat paychecks and create drama. Yes ladies and gentlemen you know who I'm talking about. Maybe you've finally been found out...