It can only get better from here.

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Admittedly, things are bad right now. Rotech may be the worst its ever been. That would actually be a good thing once you think about it. That means that things may change for the better. No way we can shut down. We have too many patients. Even being sold means we'll likely keep our jobs. A paycut may hurt, but we can survive if we cut back a little.

Layoffs have likely been completed by now. If you're still here, that's a good sign. Most locations were stripped down to the bare necessities. They can't go back and do even more damage, can they?

We should all focus on collecting as much equipment from the field as possible. Each piece that we have in a centralized location saves us money. We don't have to spend money purchasing that equipment when someone else needs it. PSTs and CSRs can team up to track down this equipment.

At the same time, sales reps also have to help grow the business. Equipment that is collecting dust is not earning money for the company. Location managers and sales reps can work together to accomplish this goal.

I know this won't be a popular post among my fellow employees. But we're still here. We need to do everything in our power to ensure that stays the case. That means the company needs to survive. Things are bad right now. But if we all work together, it can get better. Complaining and harboring selfish attitudes is destructive to the company's progress.

We should all look deep into ourselves and ask the following question: Do I want to help or hurt the company? If it's the former, then do what you must. Deliver 100% every single day that you walk through the door. It doesn't matter if you're in a metro area or a small town. Each point we earn, each piece of equipment we track down, each past due amount we collect really helps the company overall. It is not just your location you need to worry about. We are a team.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

even though you treat me like dirt and disrespect me i will give 100%,till i can find something else

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to tell you, more layoffs are coming. Friday 3/28 or Monday.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Between the upset shareholders who were decimated by the current management in a public setting, the employees who have been used and abused for years and have now had the heat turned up even further with RIFS and uncertanty, and the customers and referral sources who are now feeling the squeeze, it seems like the way Rotech is being run is maybe even going to be worse then it was before going forward. How on earth do you run a company in a way where you make decisions to push on even the customers and motivate them to move to another provider of services? Who in their right mind would do this and how does this make sense? It is one thing to cut expenses and push employees to the brink, but it is another to push on customers because any customer who is lost and reports back to a provider could end up costing Rotech exponentially in future business once word gets around. And anyone who has worked in this industry and understands this concept also realizes this damage can end up taking years to repair once it has happened in a market.

I guess the new guys are also the same old concept of "I am manager you are peone...so get to work" montra. They do not realize that Rotech is to far gone and that all this approach is going to do is make even more employees angry and upset. At this point, employees feel like they do not matter to Rotech as a human being and are looked at more as a number on a spread sheet. And yes, each one of these people matters in the whole scheme of things and Rotechs success. From the ex shareholders who thought that management would have warned them about impending dangers in a public setting(and yes, I am guessing some of those shareholders were employees also) to the employees who feel worthless and disposible, there is little loyalty, morale, or trust left in Rotech at this point.

So what is my advice to management if they want to turn Rotech around? Be honest with the employees and treat each and every one of them from the top like they matter and are not just a tool and disposible. Be more transparent about what is going on with the company to the lowest level of field employees. Find some people to put into advisory positions who have been at the bottom and recently done the day to day grind. Maybe develop a blue ribbon committee of lower level exceptional employees at a regional level as a focus group who are experts in their particular field and highly experienced who can give input on how to improve that particular function and save money and time? How about setting up a company structure where you really take some time to look through the organization and pick out some people who are maybe at a mid level management position and would make a great executive jumping them up over some of the past and current executive managers? Not people who were "good old boys club" but the ones where their managers below them and employees thought they were good and respected them and they were still connected to the daily functions and the lowest levels of the business on a regular basis to succeed? Do the research and find these people. And if you want to have employees buy in to the new Rotech almost immediately? Do this and be cutting edge...give each employee a vote on who their leader should be! Have the candidates state their background, feelings on how the company should be run, etc. and give the lower level employees an anonymous vote! This would almost over night boost the morale of the company IMHO and be something that shows you care about each employee as a person. There are many many other ideas I would have but those are just a few off the top of my head.

And, the idea submittal system is a great concept and I am sure there have been many really good ideas in the past that have pretty much just fallen on deaf ears at the top because of arrogance or some other reason I am guessing. You might even have some great ideas sitting around at corporate that no one has ever looked at in years because no one really was interested in what people lower down thought or had to say. Might be something to take a look at since Rotech has been around for years and there could be a file cabinet full of these collecting dust somewhere.

Anyway, I wish all employees and managers at Rotech good luck. All the decisions made at this point in time are critical and will determine the fate of Rotech in the future IMHO. I just hope the leaders at the top are wise and humble enough to make good decisions based on building cohesion and a team environment. Otherwise Rotech will continue down the tubes with public and internal loyalty and trust dropping to all time lows.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post. Totally true.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being honestly frank, we"re broke.
    Gotta do more with less.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not really see how Rotech is broke after the restructure and new bankruptcy exit financing credit agreement? Rotech is acting like it is broke when in reality based on the numbers it looks like they have more resources to draw from financially for growth then they have had for many many years. Of course beginning with the hundreds of millions of dollars in new credit at their disposal. So the question then is, why would Rotech be acting like they are broke when they are now on very solid financial footing after having cut their interest payments by 20-30m a year? I think the answer why they are not investing and growing says a ton about maybe where things are headed in the near future at Rotech.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they are trying to make them selfs look profitable,than sell

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One thought on this, the creditors who are the new owners refused to consider an out of court reorganization where the past shareholders would have kept part of the equity in the reorganized company I am guessing. This link below shows maybe how this was maybe a very huge mistake. Basically because of Rotech being forced into Bankruptcy because of the creditors who now own the company they may have caused the company to lose a whole bunch of business with the VA nationally because the VA no longer sees them as a stabile business entity. I am guessing the VA may be the biggest single customer of Rotech. So, I am guessing they have seen massive reductions in revenue, which are no longer public, because of the creditors decision to force Rotech into an actual in court chapter 11 situation. Not sure of course, but this link kinda would tend to make a person think this is the case. Pretty sad but it shows an inability to see the big picture when making a business decision that could have maybe benefited everyone involved and saved some face publically.

....www.gao.gov/products/B-409020,B-409020.2#mt=e-report......

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't undestand your mindset.
    Rotech is broke.
    Are you aware they just tried a last resort attempt to go back to the Bankrupsy court fir an extension of there Chapter 11?
    Why did they do that you ask !!
    Because there broke
    And here's the kicker
    ....... It was denied .........
    Game over guys

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Supporting the above post, see section "Events Leading To Bankruptcy" and the fact that creditors were unwilling to help with additional financing to help with an out of court reorganization.

............http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/233516/Insolvency+Bankruptcy/A+Summary+Of+The+Rotech+Healthcare+Bankruptcy...............

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand by "there" that you know not what you are talking about. It is ok. Here is a link for you to read that may help you to understand the strangeness of the way Rotech is acting.

..............http://www.leveragedloan.com/rotech-nets-357-5m-exit-financing-commitment/......

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you nailed it.