How many locations left?

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a pt is going to be discharged on 20lpm, the first thing I would ask for is a RT eval so we could get them on a cpap with a bleed in and drop the liter flow to 5 and still get a sat greater than 90. 20 lpm is nothing but a waste of oxygen, you need to use the right therapy

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What locations within Rotech still have full time RTs that would be able to monitor a patient requiring 20 lpms of 02? BTW do you have medical training?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

he was not discharged he was a long time patient who just got worse and the family wanted him alive for as long as possible.

Where is your medical degree.

Don't make these kinds of statements with out all the facts!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Discharged from the hospital and I am a RRT with 30 years experience in patient care and teaching. Once you get at 8lpm you are delivering 100 percent of whatever fio2 you are giving with your source gas, the only v/q dynamic you are changing by going to 20 is pressure, which you can do with cpap or bipap w backup rate and lower the fio2 so you dont do more damage to the lungs. you can search medical studies done on this online and I have done in practical experience with success and more comfort in the patients last days. Not to mention you will see a increase in co2 at 20 lpm because a compromised respiratory pt cant actively exhale against 20 liters of flow

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He died about a month and a half later so all this does not matter the point was the lack of inventory that Rotech maintains in it's locations.
    God Bless Him.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you work for Rotech? Need to call you instead of the state's resident FT RT.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would never work for Rotech, Vital Care or any of its other names

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, so why are you even on this board? You have no idea the limitations we have to deal with every day. No offense but this is for employees and former employees who have worked for Rotech.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex stockholders, ex customers, whoever wants to speak about this company should be able to do so on a public board. Especially when this person in question is obviously in the respiratory industry and is somewhat familiar with how the company does things. There are many people who have been affected by everything that has happened over the past couple years upto and even including referral sources. If this is a true public open board where anyone can come and talk about the company without fear, and I do agree whatever is said here should be true to be fair to the company, then why are you saying just employees or ex employees should be able to post here?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This board is for everyone. It is to do research as another thread was started for. In this world of internet job searches this is one tool to use in information gathering for interviews and answer questions about the culture of the company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is exactly why I would never work for rotech, closed minded and never listen to good ideas, but the minute a referral wanted something for free or some fraudulent agreement for referrals there in a second. Also I probably know more about the inner workings of Rotech than most employees who work there.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are on here snooping around for something to either help or hurt Rotech. That last sentence says a lot. So if you know so much about the inner workings of the company, enlighten us on their way of thinking and what is up their sleeves.

Or you are phishing for information on what employees are thinking so Rotech can implement new policies and procedures to get them fired.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you sound very insecure.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not at all I don't work for Rotech. You sound like you have something to say

Just say it

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i"ve already said it.