Probiotics and smelly gas

Discussion in 'Fitness and Nutrition' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2009 at 7:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi - my gas has been horrid and i thnk it has at times put a wedgebetween my wife and i due to the smell

i did some research and found that bad stool and gas smells can be caused by reduced flora in the intestinal tract - i have been on a pro biotic for 2 weeks and i have to say my farting has decreased and my gas does not really smell that bad anymore, give it a try, i dont think brand or price matters with the pro biotics, try it and let me know

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

about one month of usage and gas has gone from a ten ( scale of 1 to 10 - ten being horrendous to 1 being no gas) to about a 4 - dont know if it is all due to acidolphilus or not but wife is happy

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should definately take a probiotic. Make sure you get Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis from it. Lactobacillus plantarum is also a very good one.

You might also want to Saccaromyces Boulardii, which is a certain kind of yeast which is very beneficial for you and has been proven to reduce gastrointestinal problems in many smaller studies (hard to get large studies w/o a patent and monopoly like Big Pharma has).

4. Yes, a probiotic would definitely help you out in this department. Since I've been taking one I've noticed I've had far less digestive issues, and a better tolerance for dairy. I will say that everything I've read says that the brand can make a difference. You just need to get a good one that will guarantee that enough of the good bacteria is still alive when it gets to where it needs to be in your digestive tract. You need one with enough microorganisms and that prepare them in a way to ensure many are still alive. I like the Kal Acidophilus Probiotic. It's a good brand that's not pricey.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are having trouble in this area -- You might need to be tested for H-Pylori. We all have some of this bacteria but when it become's bad. Your whole life will turn upside down. They thought I had an ulcer. Then, I was put in the hospital. It's almost like IBS or chron's disease. They will give you a strong antibiotic and your life will go back to normal. If your stomach becomes bloated and hard as rock - like your pregnant then you probably have it. Just make your Doctor test for it before you have to go in the hospital. this could of all been avoided.