100% commission roles and benefit

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jan 11, 2015 at 2:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am very early in the interview process for a 100% commission role (sales account manager in patient care-- Med Surg & Neurotech). Is this more of a contract role or would I still be considered a full employee with health and financial benefits?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Full benefits.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're very early in the interview process, the best piece of advice I can give you is this:
    Keep applying and interviewing with other companies. The process with Stryker is long, rigorous, you MUST pass the Gallup. Be smart and continue to entertain other options.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to you both for your help.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm also in the beginning stages of interviewing. If you are interviewing with a distributor only, do I still have to take/pass the Gallup?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you plan on being a r***** and wearing your scrubs bowling, than yes, you belong at Stryker. The only company that promotes retardery

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way to master the English language!! A true scholar

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could someone just answer the question about needing to take the Gallup for a distributor position?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Gallup for distributors. But they will soon be going away so it doesn't matter.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took Gallup for Stryker spine distributor.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no way Stryker is getting rid of their distributor model. It is working too well for ortho/ trauma and spine.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see:
    Setting capitated pricing at IDN level usually being one of three max manufacturers the surgeon can choose from
    OR's becoming more and more repless
    Surgeons, even ortho, becoming direct employees and not just privileged, so have less say in what is used
    ACO model magnifies compliancy with contracted implants

Not sure there's a need for distributors much more. And why should there be at some point soon? Stryker would love to pay their sales people less and give distributors much lower %'s. So, assume all you need to do is hire tray runners and let the corporate accounts managers sell the overall stock of implants while hiring 22 year old college grads to run trays for pennies. Phase out distro and become more pharma.
    I don't agree with it, I hate the idea and if it were up to me we'd keep a full laundry list of distro and direct reps. But, corporate evolution dictates that the most adaptable company will survive (see price cutters).

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a visionary you are, even a prophet!