Serious Job Questions

Discussion in 'Ventana Medical Systems' started by Anonymous, Sep 26, 2011 at 4:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently in talks over a position w MTM/Roche. I'm a little confused as to what to expect and was hoping someone on the inside or outside field force could help me out.

What have you heard in terms of acquiring MTM and the new P16 test? (who is going to sell it, etc...)
    I know Ventana has its own sales force...have you heard you are getting it or is nothing changing?

I have a decent job however this does sound interesting to me with some long term benefits. Do not want to go into this eyes closed

Serious Replies only please!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, Can anyone tell me the what the salary range is regarding this position in sales? It would be greatly appreciated.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How far are you along with the talks?
    What have they informed you on regarding the position?
    What geography is the position covering?

This would help...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with last post.

How far are ou along in the talks? And have they told you a salary range / bonus structure?

We can try and help you knowing more information.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP Here,

The second post was not from me. Was already told what the salary range would be. I'm more interested in what the structure of the sales force is going to look like once the two companies combine. From what I've been told I would be selling the P16 test.
    -What do ventana reps carry?
    -Have they mentioned any changes?
    -How many reps are you nationally?

Any of this info would be greatly appreciated

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was the pay range they told you and geography?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the last post, I'm sure that the pay range was exagerated for sure.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't give a salary range.

Was more curious about the structure of the field force, what you carry and what you've heard about any changes w/ the new test coming in from mtm

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Ventana close between xmas and new years? I believe Roche does close down.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO!! When I worked there I had to cancel a vacation so I could get a few last minute deals in!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that's all you care about, go back to Pharma you idiot.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding, you are considering a job with mtm labs...look at the big picture, dumb a#@. You are selling one product that is used at the sole descretion of the pathologist. Good product but Ventana sells a whole line of good products and reagents. Do you really think that Ventana will keep you on after the full integration. KS states, "We are a clinical sales force, Ventana cant sell like we can." I have news for you Kevin, Ventana has a good sales force and they can sell, I would not bite the hand that feeds you. I interviewed with mtm labs and ran for the hills once I spoke to my Ventana and Roche friends. Enjoy the one year guarantee and you future unemployment.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going on with Ventana. there are like 20 open positons in the NE.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are making room for mtm folks

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it's only because you couldn't get a position with the company. We are unique!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ventana currently recruitinng a bunch of morons and failures as Medical directors. These loosers know neither science nor business. They soon drown this company with their unscientific methods. They eataway monies as long as they can then move on to the next victim. With this kind of leadership and management practices in American Biotech if continues further in recruiting scientific and technical personnel, soon talents go into drain and ultimately we reach to Dark ages again atleast in for Botech sector within next 10 - 15 years.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Who are the morons and directors?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This gentleman you hired has delusions that he can quantify optical illusions and believes that these illusions can predict the cancer treatment outcomes- a kind of modern day soothsayer. For the best description such charecters you must read 'Asterix and the Soothsayer by Albert Uderzo and Goscinny'.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean that they currently work for Ventana? So they are doing a snow job?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The use of chemotherapy sensitivity and resistance assays to select chemotherapeutic agents for individual patients is not recommended outside of the clinical trial setting. Oncologists should make chemotherapy treatment recommendations on the basis of published reports of clinical trials and a patient's health status and treatment preferences."