Life After DSI....

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ladies and Gentlemen, it gets SO SO SO SOOOOO much better out there.

My partner left DSI about 3 years before I did for another company. Here at DSI my partner was belittled, sent coaching letters, harassed, mocked, all from an inept DM that was truly useless. My partner was a great sales rep who worked hard and went above and beyond. Since leaving DSI, this individual has won numerous awards with their new company, big bonuses of well over $12,000 consistently, and recently returned from a company trip abroad because they are now the #2 sales rep nationally with their new company. The #2 sales rep nationally! At DSI this same rep received $0 bonus time and time again, no promotions, no respect.

I left DSI late 2014 for a new company too. At DSI I too was subject to a horrid DM, consistent $0 bonuses, lackluster management and poor sales training. It got to the point where I just wanted to be forgotten about and left alone to do my job. My name would be on the top of bonus payouts, only to find the parameters switched last minute and receiving nothing. It was nearly 10 years of this rat race. Since leaving DSI and joining a new company I am now the top sales rep in the state, have won a $5,000 sales contest 3 times and will bonus $10,000 the end of this month.

In my opinion DSI is a ship of fools run by horrid management who have no idea how to capitalize on the talents of their team. If you find that you are being talked down to, patronized, or simply forgotten about, there are many other companies out there who can't wait to have you. And like me, you might be REALLY REALLY good at this job, but just surrounded by incompetence.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never seen anything like it... Hospital reps work 2 hours a day ( in my area) don't get held accountable ... Training is full of 25 year olds who act like they are in high school at Spring Break ...very few over 40(obvious!! And bad idea!) the company gets what they hire ... Seriously - rude unwelcoming partners ...district mates-! If you have experience, they are jerks to you because they are very insecure .. Really - these DMS know what's going in and if they want sub par reps - they get sub par performance .... The end

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what you know about sales leadership, you should be grateful hospital reps don't have wet T-shirt contests during breakouts. Lilly sells effient and hospitals do not want savaysa - what is a hospital rep to do?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can wait around until they are laid-off in a few months.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have to add my voice... YES - there IS life after DSI. I was part of the home office lay-off in March, but started a new job (new industry too!) only 3 weeks later. MUCH happier now! What a difference working in an environment where people respect each other, work hard each day, don't piss and moan (you sales guys really need to grow up and stop complaining every time you disagree with your manager) all the time, the company invests in its employees, and actually seems to pay people what they're worth with an eye towards retention from the day someone starts. It's refreshing and I encourage you all to try it out.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never seen such egos in my life!!! I've been at other Pharma and they pay more and don't puff out their chests nearly as bad as DSI reps/ trainers / etc.... Really? You pay shit and reps are quitting LEFT and Right- so whatever Benicar you were hoping to " maintain" will go down the toilet with the egomaniacs that are left. Entry level reps that say "awesome!" Every 2 seconds - egotistical hospital reps who have less Savaysa RX than their PC reps yet act like they are " God"... Wow! Wait till you get laid off! Docs HATE asshole reps who think they are AWESOME... Seriously I am laughing at the circus here! If you are going to act so cocky... Pay a decent bonus and salary ... All the nice , normal reps that endear themselves to docs and staff have left or trying... Have fun DSI.... You allow the egos to continue to lose your business ...divide your partnerships because pods hate each other - And you deserve it!!!#cya!# and before the comments start.... The ones that will be jerks are 25 yo average ... This is first Pharma job.and you think you are so cool... Or you can't seem to get a job anywhere else cuz no one hires POD reps anymore so you can't leave!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, it's kind of funny that we are still on DSI cafe Pharma board in the afterlife... I guess we are just too addicted to Dsi drama (lol). I was a top performer at my previous company, really making a difference, and seriously started doubting my abilities after working for Dsi since my bonuses we next to nothing. The best year of full 3-4 rep team got us to top 30%-woo-hoo, so I actually got a bonus. Wanted to contribute to the region with training and ideas and management could care less, all they cared about was their wallet. Wouldn't let me work with a rep in neighboring district bc it took me away from making money for mine. Really?
    Luckily Dsi got so frustrated that I finally left the industry. Had to get used to paying for my own car, gas and food, but I've been SO much happier!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dms only care about their bonuses and keeping their teams in tact so they don't have to interview and on board new hires. Can u share what industry u went to? I need a new path!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My DM has lost 4 reps recently and the ones left are looking.. The Savaysa lead in my area quit despite being a top performer ..in the nation!. The hospital rep barely works and when this rep voiced he needed help - the DM did nothing ... Lost his top performer As he follows the lead of his RD, who prefers boobs to talent ... Ok ... Well there went your top performer and there went your bonus!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's be honest... who doesn't! Including the doctors we call on!