Manager's Meeting Update/Layoff Prediction

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jun 4, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an HO'er that attended the NMM, I feel the need to chime in. I understand that CP is mainly moaning and groaning, but DSI's board is nearly 90% accurate. Full disclosure - I am not 100% sure what is going to happen in October or April. But I have a good idea. PC - Look out. Hospital and CV - Look Out too.

RL stands on stage yapping to the Management team about our robust pipeline and how we'll have a launch every year for the next 5-6 years. The smart DM's (very very few) know the truth and the "drill" they have to play. The clueless DM's (most of them) start conveying amongst each other and to their teams how great the future looks etc. Do they not realize that almost of all of them, and the reps underneath of them, aren't going to be needed? RL talks a big game about Pain and Oncology. Our Oncology department and pipeline is putrid at best; yet I can guarantee you ALL that 99.9% of DM's here at this meeting and 100% of our current field force (that's not the few in Oncology currently) will NEVER EVER see an opportunity to work in the Oncology division. It will all be sourced externally. So that leaves Pain. CL-108 is being launched (that is a stretch believe it or not - could be bagged before launch if things keep going the way they are going) in a 100% generic market. Our Managed Markets team couldn't score sand from a desert, so you think this red-headed step child will get coverage? Think again. It'll be dead on arrival. Mirogabalin? Yeah, ME ME ME ME ME TOO TOO TOO. Another dog that'll be DOA. The teams in the HO working on these dog brands will even tell you such. Any post stating otherwise is from RL himself trying to deflect negativity.

As for RL, he's hopeless. It's so evident that this guy's raging mid-life crisis is epic, that KK will have no choice to send him packing. Plus, he's done nothing but lose respect of his RD's/ABD's (except the ones that he banging) for always insisting that external people are brought in or internals are appointed. Now, i'm not claiming this happens with every opening - but it has happened MULTIPLE times - which is simply one too many as it shouldn't ever be like that.

Remember that what you hear from your DM's is simply what they are told to tell you. They are just doing their jobs. This company is dying - and Japan knows it. Any words of encouragement should be taken with a grain of very fine salt. Doesn't mean you need to quit, but like everyone else is saying, you better be out there looking. Forget about a "better" job - I'd suggest you take any sort of lateral move ASAP. Especially Hospital and CV. There is no guarantee that Savaysa won't be sold off. And Effient's contract with Lilly can be modified if Lilly benefits which would save DSI a lot of $ in expensive HOS/CV Salaries. These divisions won't be needed for Movantik…Pain…etc. I understand people will be saying to themselves that they earned their Hos/CV jobs by being the best, or having the gold cups, blah blah - but the truth is you are so replaceable. Joe Peroni is gone! Even that lunatic JG. They would have protected you. Not these in current leadership though. Gold Cups mean nothing to them. Performance, inflated salaries and not being needed with what we have in the pipeline is what matters to them. As for PC, if anyone reading this thinks there will not be a cut in October, please start doing hallucinating drugs. Japan will lower the boom. Why do you think DSI Corp is secretly looking to leave 2 Hilton? The layoff will be similar to what Novartis did with all of their Diovan reps. The benicar loss will be similar - my guess will be somewhere in the 65% field cut range if not more. For those that think Movantik can save you - maybe so. But there is a reason why Contracting Sales Organizations like Quintiles are hot right now. If Janssen/JnJ can use them to sell Xarelto, our small little shit company and AZ can sure use them as well - thus eliminating many of the HO and Field staff.

In closing, I know I am stating things what most people already know. But I know first hand that this is real. Seeing these DM's at the NMM remind me just how untalented and clueless they are - so lookout for yourself, don't buy into their BS or RL's - and get out while there are decent jobs out there. Come October, there won't be.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry forgot to sign off..

Good Luck, BM

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prior posting is the off-spring of siblings and personal fluffer of BM, in home office and on CP in middle of day, sure.pipeline was presented by japan and edison and lots of products, some will make it and some won't and layoff talk is garbage and talked about and great new savaysa message too and movantik is growing like crazy. thats what was talked about

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, point counter point. Please give your reasons why this post is unfounded? Probably a better question is how can Dsi survive the loss of 2 BILLION in sales ? That does not include Welchol or Effient.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The original post is pretty much spot on. Any sort of counterpoint to it is someone clearly trying to deflect your attention.

I'm in Home Office as well. I was not at the NMM but can certainly lend credence to what was written.

When the plane goes down, it will be quick. Japan is ready.

Oh, and 2 Hilton truly may be going bye-bye.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where would 2 Hilton folks be going if they close the building? I couldn't see them closing 2 Hilton but I could definitely see them closing the Training Center. That's just a waste of space.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP and supporting post are same person, not home office but bottom feeding field staff, has never run a clinical study, never a day in oncology, couldn't even pronounce our onc products, just go to the dsi website and look p2 and p3 products, also they've never run anything but seem to know but yet go no where in their careers, ho staff, give us a break and here's hoping next onc dx is you or someone you care about, thats called karma loser

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have massive issues with using the english language. maybe when you use punctuation correctly, we will take your argument seriously. The OP seems to have a good head on their shoulders. This is fact- we are losing a 2 billion dollar product within a year. Anyone who thinks there won't be huge layoffs before that is severely retarded.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Serious question, and I am not op or other posters. How are we going to make up losing 2 billion in sales? This is not a question of your typical disgruntled cp poster. Personally I do not see how our current products or future pipeline will save Dsi from drastic cuts across the board. Will Dsi go bankrupt? No, but we will probably go down to a total overall sales force of 250. Look I want Dsi to succed BUT the coming clouds are pretty scary.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spelling? youre so pathetic and so predictable. you spend 15 minutes on an essay and don't know you have a serious problem?, do you understand anything about business? Aint what you make it's what you take, rebates for benicar are massive and we are lucky to make 20 cents on the dollar for all the ridiculous rebates we have so it's not blillion dollars, maybe when you understand basic p&l and operating margins people can take you serious, it's all public dummie go do some work or keep exposing yourself as a fool

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do your homework and that isn't reading posts, go look at pipeline, go read up on margins versus total revenue, go look at billions we just got back from selling that india company, don't buy into the 5 people who come back here on every post to hate on the company, they are experts at telling people what's wrong and have never risen to any level of leadership in their careers, there is a reason for that

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Brother. you will be the one who is yelling 'Who Me" Gone?? Me?? That cannot be??"

"I am true believer" !! You need me" you are just too dumb to have a job anywhere but here.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is spot on and the OP comes across as articulate, calm and truthful. I left DSI back in 2012 and it's sad to see how low this company has fallen. DSI was a great place to work and I really enjoyed my time there, so it baffles me how upper management let this happen. It was clear even back in 2006 that DSI did not have the pipeline to continue beyond 2012. Add to that the Effient debacle and the terrible Savaysa label and you're looking at the perfect storm. And how sad to leave 2 Hilton! And the Training Center! Probably some of the nicest spaces I've ever worked in. Joe Pieroni must be cringing! Whose fault is this? Japan is too risk averse and would overthink and/or pull back on any acquisition. Guys, you need to spend money to make money. And really, PAIN MANAGEMENT??? Who goes into that land mine of a class? I agree with the OP: start looking and don't wait any longer. There is a small window of opportunities now in the industry so get there before the stampede begins. Good luck to you all.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I will do my homework. Why are you on Cp posting like the rest of us? It appears that you like myself are using cp to either find information or state an opinion on the state of affairs at Dsi. Yes Sun stock was sold by Japan but that does not really change the fact that we are losing 2 Billion in Sales and the other fact or opinion that Savaysa would keep the Dsi engine humming for sales. I will concede that to give Savaysa a fair shake we have to wait to get Part D coverage. However in the Factor 10 class we have the least amount of indicationsand still cost more in the Hospital setting.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um, you are responding to yourself, but really, nice try sadsack

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well now your proved my point, you don't even know your hospital pricing? you didn't pay attention to the net versus the gross, when you make 1 billion but give back 80 percent in rebates that's 200m in net - before we are paid to do our jobs! or to include the cost of making the product, if you have another product that sells 600 million and nets 400 million you have doubled your net, come on man get a clue

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP is the most realistic picture of DSI today and anyone who thinks otherwise is drinking serious koolaid. We are in the middle of two product launches and WE HAVE $0 TO SPEND on lunches and speaker programs. Hello? If that doesn't tell you something? We don't need 3 PC reps, a CV rep and a Hosp rep to sell savaysa when there are very few scripts. Effient goes off patent 2017 or earlier if Lilly cuts its losses. Benicar going generic is going to kill this company unless there is something else for PC to sell this year. The Sun pharma deal helped Japans bottom line, not ours. Have you looked to see how many vacancies there were for DSI lately? Smart people are leaving.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Mr. Professor do your home work... the post above is another sobering dose of reality. You need to get your head out of the sand. Our new leadership does not care about anything but a bottom line. I know its business and it is brutal, but you can't be blind and think that a 3x generic will save this ship from sinking.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you posting and responding to people on CP (that are concerned that there will be a layoff and don't see how we can make up 2 billion)? Hey if you feel your job is safe with DSI then I am truly happy for you. I really mean that. I however do not feel that way. I wish you good luck!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth always creates the strongest reactions...anger, fear, DENIAL, frustration, defensive, ect. To the originally poster...awesome.