Axe is getting sharpened

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2015 at 7:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To anyone working here at DSI. Please! Please! Do not wait until you are cut. DSI has been on a downward spiral for at least years. The writing is on the wall, Top management< VP CEO all have been fired for some kind of fraud. Hanging on for what? Unless you have some tenure, start looking, the layoff compensation is already figured out. Do NOT say "I heard" or "someone said" start looking and if you live in an area that does not have a strong pharma market, then start looking into a new career. DSI does not have much longer, so if you want to be a follower in life, just sit back, relax, and wait until you are cut, collect your 7K check, and call everyone you know and ask "do you know anyone that is hiring"? GET OUT AND START LOOKING!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in fiance and working on reorg #4 for the HO, and it's going to be big. Another 30%, selling the 4th floor of 2 Hilton (and yes, the rumors of leaving 2 Hilton in total are true). I know work is ongoing for the next sales force cuts, but I am not part of the team, so I will not comment on it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How sad. RIP DSI.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, very sad. Ten years to figure out what's next after Benicar and they swung and missed on everything.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

David Gruber spent 10 yrs firing good people only to get wacked himself. Then he get a cushion job with a non profit. Go figure

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And for all the crooked stuff Lou C did, he only gets let go and allowed to land safely elsewhere. So in this case, it paid off, he got away with it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're so ridiculous, there is no such effort going on in finance or anywhere else. You can keep making it up, doesn't make it true. There are no cuts, not to HO and to field and that has been expressed by every leader of EVERY functional department, HR, Finance, Marketing. You're simply one of a handful of hateful people. Karma dude. Karma.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KK and RL are getting desperate and checking CP hourly. News is already leaking on the next round of cuts and its going to be huge.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read these posts here and they make me sick. I am no longer with DSI, but was part of the original team at Sankyo Parke Davis back in 1997. Say what you will, but we had a great thing going back then and its a shame to see what it has become. I am lucky, I've done pretty well for myself, but not so for some of the others. It's not the same industry any more. Best of luck to those of you that will be downsized and to those that stay on.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, but how are we going to survive losing 2.5 billion in sales? Besides, this is not these guys first Rodeo, they are going to tell everyone all is well, bc they need to milk every last drop from Benicar. I agree that a lot of these posts are your typical CP rhetoric, BUT do you honestly believe that there will be no additional cuts coming? I pray that you are right but don't see it....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Start the rodeo by cutting all the senior citizens on our salesforce. They are deadweight hanging on for insurance benefits.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

were not losing that much, you have to factor in all the rebates we give which is around 75%, so working cash has been light for years and the changes we just made are to prep for that, and they gave the company the benefit of writing off in 14, you don't do that a second time and finance is the last group to work on this stuff so that is bunk, no changes we were told repeatedly in chicago, new products have to perform and some pipeline stuff has to work but it's that way for everybody

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, here are some facts. Net sales in FY14:
    HTN = $1.0B
    Welchol = $400M
    Effient = $125M
    And a few other rounding errors like Zelboraf

Our current expenses are about $800 million, as per KK himself at a recent town hall meeting. So what are we left with after HTN goes in net sales:

Savaysa = $150M (and that is extraordinarily generous)
    Movantik = Maybe $100M after the copromote costs
    Effient = Gone soon after HTN = $0
    CL-108 = Which won't launch until early 2017 = rounding error
    Miragabalin = Doesn't launch until early 2018 = $0

So seriously, what is going to pay the bills? At least half of the current operation is going to be cut and more if Japan wants some profit kicked back to them (which is all but certain). I don't know about what is planned and for when, but if anyone thinks that DSI can float the current workforce and budgets for much longer, than you are crazy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No surprise. Little hebrew was in a non profit position for the past 10 years. Did he get taller. What happened to the hot blonde RD (CW) who reported to him? Hope she landed?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Global Company
    2. Large reserve to in license or acquire small molecule companies
    3. Still can operate with efficiencies and reduce HO headcount 15% Field Staff 20% and Regional office elimination or consolidation
    4. Corporate Finance, Cost Accounting, Shifting of Resources can do wonders with P/L
    Bottom line. Decide if you want to be here, if the answer is yes then differentiate yourself. Add value, be a leader, go after what you want, and make a difference. EVERY company has to go through this at one point or another. I am confident we have the right leaders, the right vision, we just need to keep the right people

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks ken. Great insights.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bangarang

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should fall on Gromley first. Company's biggest loser

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. The global company is going down the toilet as well. Projected to lose 30-40% of revenue over the next several years.
    2. DS global is cash poor and has very conservative Tokyo leadership. They will let US operations wither on the vine to protect Japan. Also, the CL-108 and Movantik deals are as small as small potatoes get.
    3. Expect 50% cuts across the board.
    4. No idea what you mean.

DS will likely get bought out by another Japanese pharma company, so I'm going to stick around for my change in control severance package.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DSI is a holding company, it has over 100 subsidiaries and four associated companies, it does business across the globe, remains profitable, and can withstand a small dip in one of its entities. Read the annual reports, look at the investment pages, and use common sense. The US portion of the business is here to stay. Will it look different than it does today, you better believe it. If you have no idea what comment 5 meant, then your communication degree or liberal arts degree is worth less than the default student loan you have. Try to understand corporate finance, strategic accounting, or cost accounting and figure it out. You are a dim wit if you think a company this size, 2nd largest pharm company in japan, will be bought. Look at the acquisition trend in the last three years, tons of money being spent on buying companies and pipelines.
    Do me a favor, stuff your online degree in the tailpipe of your mini van, park it in your garage, turn the van on, and inhale deeply until you fall asleep