Death of the Pharmaceutical Rep!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You prove your stupidity when you think guys like GATES are so dam smart. The guy had lots of backing and people much smarter than him running the business. In short, he was the front man for a bigger operation, something you are too stupid to understand, because you think Fox News and CNN is real news.

Go back to the basement and stay there.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is it that pharma seems to be the only industry that has such a hold on people that when they are "let go" they continue to pop up on CP?? Do you still have a mullet too? Wish NKOTB still were together? Are you saving up for a DeLorean?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My honest posts about you morons are not getting posted, so I will be easy on you mind controlled pharma tools.

I just come here for entertainment. In fact, sometimes I go on pharma interviews for a good laugh, true.

But, my point is that you people seem to think that there are such brillant minds out there in the business world that actually run things. Well, that is not the case.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are speaking over the heads of the great majority of us here. We have golden handcuffs, and even though we no longer believe the "Pfizer is the BEST" hype that flew around here in the early 2000s, we have been spoiled with company cars, decent salaries, and an extremely easy work-lifestyle. To do what you do takes guts, and a lot of us are afraid to fail.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep trying to redirect the conversation all you want. Like I have said several times before, there are people that can make it on their own, they may never become billionaires but they sure as hell can live prosperous lives and not rely on a corporation to control their destiny.
    On second thought, I actually think you live in your parent's basement, rent your apartment or home with two other buddies because you would rather have the latest pair of jeans from Buckle, have the latest smart phone, or gamble all of your hard earned dollars away. I know I have a great life because I built it and yes, organizations have helped me tremendously along the way but I realize that I am disposable. Why on earth would anyone leave their fate in the hands of others is beyond me and YES I AM TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's no secret that many people who worked hard for them themselves have been very successful. That's been true for a very long time. What's lesser known is that most of them have failure in common. Ask any successful person you know if they ever failed at a business before they became successful. You'll hear things like "I used to have to fish around between the seats of the car for enough loose change just to pay the toll on the bridge. It was either that or I just blew through the toll booth."

While I do agree that self reliance is the best way to go, it can be a very tough row to hoe until a business becomes successful. It takes a lot of guts to ride it out, and some folks just cant do that. So they opt for a career in Corporate America, which these days, aint the safe haven it once was.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or: "I just blew the guy in the toll booth"

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get back to studying for your newly acquired products, dickhead.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you, for getting upset at your ignorance.
    That is the first step to getting smart.

Cheers!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey asswipe, I have thre words for you "go fuck yourself"! It's reps like you with your attitude that have ruined this profession in the eyes of physician. It's nice that you can sit behind your little computer and make fun of people who have done wll in their career and then try to make older people look little. At the present time, I'm not on Aricept, I know what drugs are covered on our formulary, and I don't have to eat pudding like you might have to be in the near future. Now take your sorry ass attitude and stick it up your ass.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're very good, whoever you are. Keep the posts coming.

Vince Lombardi once said that anything truly worth having almost always comes through a lot of pain. I am paraphrasing the hell out of it, but I'm pretty sure I am close. Look at pioneers in any field, or read about the phenomenally successful in comedy or the arts. Almost everyone has tales of laboring for years in the dark, getting paid diddly squat as the sharpened their skills. Like any bell curve, the great majority of people cant or wont hack it on the outside world, as its too risky and takes too much effort. So, we end up staying here and keeping our noses firmly planted in our boss' booty, hoping thats good enough to keep us employed until we get the big promotion.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I picked up my family moved 5 states North and went to work at a very large Healthcare company as a Sr Training Mgr from being a DM. Pay was about 20 K more and cost of living went up as well so financially I would say I came out slightly ahead.

Emotionally, mentally it was very difficult moving my family with two young kids away from other family. I knew I had to get out of pharma due to what was happening to the industry. This was almost 5 years ago and this was the absolute best move of my career. I currently have an income of over 200K have been promoted several times, held several different positions within the company increasing my skill set and making me tremendously more marketable in the job market before I move and took this job. My company is now an industry and global leader in their respective area and doing very well. If I do ever get laid off I feel very confident I will be able to find a job more now than with just pharma sales and pharma DM experience. Most people just simply rely on hope and refuse to make any changes until you are laid off. So tired of listening to everyone complain about the industry. Leave and go make something on your own and stop complaining.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well for that, you could probably get a few extra trips across the bridge!

Ya know, here we are, discussing the demise of The Pharm Rep, and we're yukkin' it up!

There really is something to be said for "Gallows Humor", aint there??

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company name (or at least the industry) or job title or it didnt happen. Why do CP posters always do this? Come on here, bragging about making ___thousands more than they made here, but wont tell us where they are, how they got there....ANYTHING.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI, Vince Lomardi is dead.
    Try picking someone that is alive.

Also, what is so painful about selling?

Pioneers in comedy and arts? Wow. The good ones get killed (Tupac, Lennon, Jimmy Hendrix, on and on).

But, you probably think Jay Z is briallant too, right?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought landing this hard to get pharma job meant I was smart. Boy I guess I was wrong! What's step two, dickhead? I am SO angry at my ignorance, I could just scream! Also, how many steps are there in total?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LIsten knucklehead, I went to a top school for my Masters, and got into pharma in my early 20s, so don't lecture me on being smart.

The fact that you think pharma is still a good career choice proves you know nothing.

You are likely a very lazy person and can't think for yourself, which is why you stay on with this "sales" job. Enjoy your worthless money. I will take more respect and make better money, and work when I want to, as an independent rep over your corporate nonsense any day of the week.

Face it, guys/gals like you just don't have the confidence to do it. YOu wan the "security", but you don't even have that.

It all comes back to thinking, and you can't think, probably a state school idiot that drank a lot of beer and wrote terms papers the night before, right?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you bother arguing with these people? Let them wallow in their ignorance, and come back to CP in another year to read all the "I just heard Lundbeck is HIRING!" posts. Fact is, we have another good sized cut in us before the year is out. I am preparing myself for the inevitable by expanding my skill set and capabilities. Award winning rep and DBM will not be the most impressive things on my resume come November 2013. For those who believe that we are right sized (as many naive FORMER Pfizer people did one year ago), I wish you well.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not dead...evolving.

Death may happen but it hasn't yet.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have a special code to understand the meaning of your comment?

People that think Vince Lombardi was some genius because he won football games (yes we are talking about a sport), are not too intelligent.

Show me a man and woman that raises good kids, and teaches them the right way to live, and I will show you a person that gets it.

Not some football coach or Pfizer DM that is in the Hall of Fame of selling.