An outsider looking in..

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Folks, regardless of whether or not you are still employed or unemployed, I am attempting to understand this "ego" of the Pfizer sales representative. Believe me I am being sincere with my post I would like to get a better understanding of the "Pfizer" sales representative.
    I see tons of posts on CP regarding how the Pfizer approach is in a class of its own and Pfizer only recruits the best, trains the best etc.
    What makes Pfizer's approach so remarkable?
    Once again I am being sincere. Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's because we're all incredibly hot and like really smart.... Duh!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not so remarkable. Just want you to believe they are

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's like Harvard of the pharmaceutical world. Welcome to the Yard.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe in the early 20th century, when some science was being done in-house...but not now...
    Just a matter of who has the most monopoly money and the nicest corporate lobby.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, they do regard themselves this way. Their character is morally as low as it gets, and their egos are off the chart. It's called Pfanticyland.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not being cynical but the responses from my original post are exactly the comments that I expected to receive. This is the perfect time to defend your skill sets. You never know. I could be a medical device, pharmaceutical, tech sales, etc recruiter that has recently received hundreds of resumes from ex Pfizer representatives due to the last layoff and would like to have a better understanding of Pfizer's training. Or I could be a competitive rep that is just wondering the skill set of a Pfizer rep for my own piece of mind. Either way, the current posts only strengthen the reason for all of your recent layoffs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you DO have your answer. Read the recent Fortune Magazine expose on us, and you will have an inkling of what its like here. If you asked the question, say, 17 years ago, the answer woulda been different, because our poo-poo undies hadn't been exposed yet. But now the hamper has been knocked over, and everyone sees us for what we really are.

Go onto other CP boards, and ask current reps what they think of the new Pfizer reps and DBMs that have come aboard. Go to contract sales force boards and ask how the former Pfizer people stack up, or just put Pfizer into the Search function, and you'll get a good sampling.

Alot of CP could be BS, so ask headhunters what THEY think.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So there you have it. Not one argument stating that Pfizer's training, people, culture etc is relevant.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is just like Harvard. Not better than state u., more money, cabal and clout on the outside with politics, silos and turfwars on the inside.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP:

This board isn't an accurate sampling of reps and not a fair way to get opinions. If you really want to know information, talk to someone in person who can't hide behind a computer. This place is full of the facetious disgruntled.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. This place is full of Pfizer apologists who, after every time someone on CP describes rumors of pending cuts, comes on here and tells us that all is well, there will be no cuts, CP is full of facetious disgruntled, etc. etc.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing special about a Pfizer rep. All reps at big pharma companies are the same. In fact, many people just follow their supervisor from one company to another. The people are all interchangeable.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hot mustard and chicken wings baby

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to any company board on this site, or any site that lets people say what they want anonymously, and you will get exactly what you are reading. I hightly doubt that any decent recruiter would look HERE for anything of merit. If you want to research a company, then research the company. The fact is, whoever you are, you are not willing to state your name, address, company and real intentions and more than we are. My guess is, you probably work for PFE and are hoping to get some funny responses to your obviously fake premise. Mission accomplished.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, even if I provided my contact information what purpose would that serve? You wouldn't believe anything that I would right on it anyways and would try and change the subject. Secondly, not one Pfizer rep has come on here and defended their elite selling skills out of 1000s. Face it, you do not have any skills just a company with a lot of money and a lot of drugs that will soon be generic with no pipeline in place. Finally, Take a look at this article if you think recruiters aren't going to blogs, social media networks, etc. Mission accomplished.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-13/job-recruiters-turn-to-linkedin-social-media-startups

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You couldnt be more wrong about recruiters' activities. Do you actually know any? Doubtful. After the 2013 cuts you'll get to know 4 or 5, I suspect.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yet here you are......tell me, if you are a recruiter, do you get paid to argue back and forth with reps on CP? Apparently since none of can defend just how awesome we are.....it will remain a mystery, and you should look elsewhere. By the way, if you want to sound more credible, you may want to know that you should use the word "write" instead of "right" when you are referring to transcribing information in word form, either by the use of a pen, pencil, etc., or through the use of a keyboard and typing. Good job defending your own skill set.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I brought up being a recruiter it was hypothetical. Please quote where I said I was in fact a recruiter... Ok.... I'll give you a little more time... Thought so.. Next please site where I was in fact arguing with anyone... Ok... I'll give you a little more time... Thought so.. Finally, your "Apparently since none of can defend just how awesome we are..." You may want to insert the word "us" between of and can to make yourself sound more credible before beginning an argument. Great job on defending your skill set.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please, oh brilliant one, "site" that one for me...