abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are confused. different posters. If you work here at ADC, you know that everyone is looking very actively for a new job. Even Dunky knows that, and he is furious that no one believes him anymore. Well, except for a few morons.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This ADC is a sinking ship. I am looking a job that represents Merck to targeted accounts and thought-leaders in an assigned territory with the goal of maximizing sales and establishing Merck as a leader in the pharma marketplace. Merck must assume responsibility for achieving sales objectives by implementing approved marketing and sales strategies aimed at effectively selling and promoting Merck’s pharma products to key physicians, hospitals, nurses, home care companies, social workers, pharmacies, pharma organizations, and other appropriate paramedical customers who make or are involved in purchasing and prescribing decisions. Requires the development of strategically targeted, account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional and national market forces that impact product sales.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Steve Leeds is a rat.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet Q3 for ADC will be very bad. My guess is -12% from Q4. Will know in a few hours...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From Q2....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worldwide Diabetes Care sales decreased 5.3 percent in the quarter on an operational basis and 5.8 percent on a reported basis, including an unfavorable 0.5 percent effect of foreign exchange. In the U.S., the impact of CMS reimbursement reductions and market dynamics moderated in the quarter, in line with expectations. Outside of the U.S., Abbott is driving growth in both emerging and developed markets.

US sales down -16.4%

Falling...falling....we are screwed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look a little deeper and US sales are off -27% for three quarters of '14 and total sales down -8.7% for three quarters of '14. Not a good thing...could have been worse.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The US sales decline has been around 27% for 3 consecutive quarters in 2014. It would be very surprising if Q4 doesn't show the same figure.

Key question is what happens in 2015 when a whole bunch of supply contracts expire.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does the NFL really think LA will approve public funding of a stadium ? I think most of the country has seen through these horrible deals now and won’t do so any more.

The stadiums don’t even pay for themselves with the life cycle they have these days, the jobs they create are mostly minimum wage crap, and the owners not only want the public to pay for them they want a big piece of concessions and everything else that goes on there on top of it.

Hope we have seen the last publicly funded NFL stadium. No welfare for billionaires let them all pay for their own buildings the way Kraft did.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PROUD ADC/ABT!! Abbott Acknowledged by Science Magazine as a Top Employer

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is definitely the Titanic.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am very happy about this positive news.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody looking to hire ADC lifer reps, sorry pal. You are viewed as damaged goods to any outside legit employers. Not tying to be mean. It's just reality.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not if your a science person like me. Then I can get a job no matter where I have worked.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately this is 100% correct, at least in Sales. I have been told by several recruiters that many pharma companies tell recruiters to discard Abbott employees from potential applicants for sales jobs. I know others have reported the same thing here. This is especially true to Abbott sales managers. I have been in the business for a while, and have friends in senior sales management positions at other pharma companies, and they have told me the same thing: Abbott sales managers are not consider to be real managers, with leadership qualities and strong ethics who can develop reps. Instead, Abbott is seen as having a bullying style of management where threats and PIP's are used to beat down reps into mindless drones. Can't say I disagree with this.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is that October is declining at the same rate, and the forecast for Q4 is abysmal. You are correct on 2015: ADC has not been winning any new contracts, and has lost just about every big contract up for renewal over the last few years. Expect nothing different in 2015. Well, except that we won't be around to see it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have Faith my little ones! The World's Most Interesting Man

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get lost creep !

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

October numbers are making everyone nervous. I asked my boss, and his look said it all: be worried. I'm taking USA. In the third world it's different, but those numbers are not significant enough to float the boat. Buzz I'm hearing is Abbott sells the ADC in pieces to some third world companies, like CGM to someone in Europe, and BGM to an Asian company.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Third world sales will follow the US lead with a time delay of perhaps 18 months. The low cost BGM suppliers went for the US first, logical as it is the biggest market. Smaller markets will be next, ADC cannot use them as a crutch for long.