Are Doctors Paid To Prescribe

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 28, 2012 at 4:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering if doctors are paid kickbacks since it seems odd to me that some would even prescribe some of the brand drugs on the market without being paid to prescribe them.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, we pay $100,000 per $100 script. Any other questions, Dick Tracy?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a high-profile proctologist in San Francisco, I get paid millions to prescribe anal wart creams.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No we do NOT pay for a Provider to rx our products. We pay (lunches, breakfast, snacks, etc.) to see us. In some offices we pay to drop off starters (lunches, breakfast, snacks, etc.)

But I do not pay for rx's. I pay to educate and leave patient materials and starters. In many cases I pay for a Doc. to ignore me(see above examples).

Get your facts straight, Docs are to proud a group to except direct money.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They get paid by the govt to prescribe. Look into that.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some companies pay. What do you call giving a Dr $1000-2500 to "speak" to other docs. You pick the docs who x your meds or at least have he biggest potential to rx your meds. If a speaker isn't rxing your med, he won't be a speak very long. Pfizer, yo aren't the only company guilt of this, but you are guilt of this.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you learn English from Rosetta Stone? Get a refund.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Mr. Not-speak-Englais-so-good, 1997 called to say they want their Pharma generalization back... We rarely do speaker programs anymore, and we have precious little impact on who gets selected to speak or retained year to year in our speaker's bureau. Even our existing speakers get so few gigs that their certifications usually lapse, and the re-certification process is so tedious few doctors will put up with it. I have an extremely high-revenue generating territory in Florida - in 2012 I did ZERO speaker programs.

It may still happen at other companies, but I seriously doubt it goes on at Pfizer anymore, at least in PC.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctors actually pay ME to sell to them - I'm that good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Perhaps not in cash but in samples, speaking engagements, meals, etc. they use to get paid checks to conduct their own internal study. And they use to get paid in tickets to concerts, broadway shows and sporting events.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pharmacists get kick-backs to switch branded drugs to generics and frustrate physicians who may want a drug with less side effects for patients. Physicians may actually have to do more work to manage a patient on some older meds. Pharmacists are raking it in...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most everything except raw cash.
    KOLs are more important than staff any day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm surprised there is no government oversight of the profit incentives pharmasists get to do the underhanded stuff they do. would be a great way for a young senator to make a name for himself.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does a bear shit in the woods?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We got a drug for that now too ????
    Great work at R&D !!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a heyday for pharmacists. Think about all of the mega-blockbusters that have gone generic in the past 8 years. People's eyes must pop out when the pharmacists brag about the amount saved by using generic versions of Lipitor, Prozac, Plavix, and some ACE inhibitor instead of branded.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today, physicians are paid a bonus based upon generics vs brand. Many times managed care will take money away if too many branded products are written

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's how most chain drugstores incentivize their pharmacists (i.e. % of scripts filled by generics). Many pharmacies and pharnmacists go one step further and make therapeutic substitutions as well (switching meds that are NOT equivalent). I had a family member tell me she her pharmacist had switched her to generic Lipitor, 2 YEARS BEFORE IT WENT GENERIC. Sure enough, her Rx had been switched to simvastatin by the pharmacist, not her doctor. That went on millions of times across America with Lipitor, I am pretty sure it happens with a lot of other meds as well. While not legal, these infractions are rarely prosecuted, and often times it is the federal government encouraging illegal activity (a VA pharmacist switching fibro or spinal pain patients from Lyrica to gabapentin - which isn't indicated for either of these conditions). Yep, the government takes a pretty laxed attitude when it comes to anyone other than the Pharma company breaking the law. But in our case, the mere APPEARANCE of impropriety is enough for the government to impose fines and penalties, and the government has the power to kill your business (via non-approvals at the FDA or restrictions from CMS wrt Medicare/Medicaid participation), so good luck fighting for your rights.

It's over Johnny. Pharma had a good run, but the government has decided to use it as a piggy bank, and that the cheap generics we have now are as good as we'll ever need to treat patients in ObamaKare. Research into oncology or neuro degenerative diseases? That sounds expensive for a program that will be broke before it even comes on line...

Get ready for Soviet-style healthcare, provided with the customer service focus of Bon Qui Qui at the DMV and the efficacy of a televangelist healer...