Ex-B&L employee wishing for success of Valeant

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being an Ex-B&L employee I am hoping for the success of Valeant. This way I can keep my 401K with Valeant and not worry about having to move it to an IRA.

Therefore I would like to give Valeant some advice on how to stay a viable company

1. Cut the fat. So much duplication throughout the organization and at different facilities in the US and worldwide. (Valeant has done a good job at this and needs to do more)

2. Centralize R&D function. Keeping R&D going at multiple facilities is too expensive. Decide on one facility and go with it. Move or rehire employees as needed to consolidate to one facility.

3. Pay down the debt. Stop acquiring companies at the top of their stock price. Buy companies that are On Sale.

4. Change the culture. Get rid of old management and hire new management with an emphasis on the new corporate culture.

5.Pay the CEO less.

6. Give all employees stock options. This is the only motivational tool Valeant has in its armory as the layoffs for efficiency has an obvious drop in motivating employees.

7. Be nicer. Stop bullying companies like Allergan. Be nice and Allergan might be a willing acquisition rather than a block Valeant at all costs company.

8. Create an environmentally friendly culture by lowering the companies carbon foot print and giving to good causes like Save the Whales or by giving free pharmaceuticals to Africa.

9. Get a mascot. The best companies have cute animals as mascots that people can identify with like the Geico Gecko.

10. Improve the mental health of employees by providing free Yoga class in the middle of the day.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those are good suggestions that hit on the mains issues; be a good corporate citizen, find efficiencies through centralization and not decentralization, and make some attempt to make employees feel valued.

I'll return the favor. When you leave a company, never ever leave your money in the 401K. Roll it over to a qualifying IRA as soon as you can. This isn't a dig against Valeant. It's just good financial planning.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot with your financial advice.

M. Pearson

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fat boy has all his Canadian workforce ( all 2 of them!!) trolling here!
    Can't say a thing but it's answered by fat boy..