latest thoughts on agn

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Oct 7, 2014 at 1:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good article. "strategic alternatives" and even "merger" are nice ways of not saying you are "for sale". My guess is Allergan will probably revisit the Actavis offer.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that at best is just "your guess."

AGN will not be bought by anyone nor will this VRX debacle go to a shareholder vote! Just watch!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an Allergan employee, what evidence do you have for this, o mighty prognosticator? I'm so sick of people making these hopeful statements with absolutely zero facts.

And if the answer is "I just believe it won't happen," then please shut up.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CNBC just now reporting that Actavis may make a new take over offer for Allergan this week. AGN stock up on the speculation that the offer price that Allergan would accept is $200/share.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/07/us-allergan-m-a-actavis-idUSKCN0HW1Y420141007

(Reuters) - Actavis Plc (ACT.N) plans to make a new approach for Allergan Inc (AGN.N) about a potential merger, as the Botox maker warms up to the possibility of a sale, said people familiar with the matter.

Allergan, which has repeatedly rejected approaches from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (VRX.TO), would consider a takeover proposal that values the company at above $200 per share, these people said.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone please help me understand what is so different about Actavis vs Valeant? Both are rollup's. Actavis says they won't stifle R&D. I guess we should just take them at their word?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis is just as ruthless as Valeant. Talk the former Warner Chilcott employees who were all layed off after the purchase, and the mass hiring of new employees only to lay many of them off with the purchase of Forest. Not to mention the Forest employees who were layed off as well. Allergan's employees are screwed either way!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. VRX, -2.48% and partner Pershing Square Capital Management plan to boost their bid for Allergan Inc. AGN, +1.68% by $15 a share, The Wall Street Journal reported late Tuesday, citing unnamed sources. The move comes after other news reports said Actavis PLC ACT, -0.23% was considering an increased bid for Allergan. The higher bid from Valeant would value Allergan at roughly $191 a share, the Journal said. Allergan was one of the few companies in the black on a bearish Tuesday, up nearly 2% to $186.20.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And guess who is the CEO of Actavis. It doesn't get better than this.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, Brent has been busy this last year.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get it. Please explain. Thx.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Activis CEO is the former CEO of B&L