NO BASE PAY INCREASE IN 2014!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Spare me your odious pay-freezes, you addlepated Appalachian automaton!" Dr. LundSmithberg

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While what I'm about to write is not about the pharma industry, it's what you can expect at Lilly in the future.

Layoffs upon layoffs and no pay increases has been the norm at IBM for more than 15 years now. Morale has been in the crapper since I dont know when.

The unbelievable thing is IBM has been profitable during that entire time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Afraid I won't sell my house with so many on the market

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

American DCRT is a goner for certain. They already had the Chinese theft going on and overreacted to that without cutting the ties to those MoFos. They are still throwing big money at China. Why? Because they can hire 5 Chinese for the cost of 1 American. They figure that is a much better deal than even a little theft. They can stand that. The goal is to pass the immigration bill and bring the Chinese over so they can better keep an eye on them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is called "cutting expenses" and you won't see a CEO staying with a stagnant salary/package.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah blame liberals for the fact that Lilly hasn't addressed patent expirations and developed new meds to cover the impending losses, or the fact that Lilly executive compensation keeps rising. Of course liberals had everything to do with this, put your mouth back on the exhaust pipe and turn Hannity up real loud, it will all be over soon.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you definitely wont see a CEO's salary package stay stagnant. If anything, their performance bar will be LOWERED.

Do you know how corporations justify lowering the performance bar for exec's? It's easy! Big corporations simply claim that they "cant afford to lose their top talent." The reasoning is, if they raised the exec's performance bar, and the exec's goals were not attained, then the exec's would get pissed off and leave the company.

Do you think YOUR performance goals will be lowered?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drew ask why Lilly doesn't cut the stock dividend or at least don't increase it for a year and instead cut the throats of their employees.

Next will be healthcare coverage cuts and increases they didn't pass onto us last year.

Ask why John doesn't do a $1 salary and take only stock options as his salary for the next 2 years?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off, why would the CEO HAVE to take a $1 salary cut when he can cut you or your benefits? Besides, he knows salvation is just a breath away after paying off Congress to pass the immigration bill. He can breathe a sigh of relief once that is done. All that is left is for you to teach your replacement.

Healthcare benefits will be up next. They will try that before the layoffs. That still won't get them where they want to be. They just want to say they've tried everything before the reallocations. They know that is coming. Changes are done quarterly now. They have a list of things to do per quarter and they still have Six Sigmas out there looking for ways to cut scientists now.

They should just offer up severance packages. Let people take them. I bet many would at this point.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buyout packages are too expensive and a lot of $ put out up front. They will never do it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only liberal I am blaming is the one at the top of the Lilly org chart!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a re-run from 10 years ago during Year X. Freeze all salaries, your performance still counts once we get back to paying you again (by the way, back then, it completely did not count even though they said it would). CEO takes a symbolic $1 salary for the year and makes bank on stock grants. Unfortunately, Lilly is in a WAY worse position today than it was ten years ago!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

six sigma baby! lets have a diversity meeting and spend millions crackers

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, what is liberalism?

I agree that the patent cliff is causing J. L. and his left winger cronies to spaz out.

It's because he doesn't know what to do. Just like like the genius in the white house now. Oh wait, he has to consult with Beyonce and Jay Z on fiscal policy. Or be briefed on what an HMO is before he rams "affordable care" though without being read by anyone.

They say to treat everyone the same, spread the wealth and just give a little more, J. L. is a huge unabashed Liberal who runs this company just like your buddy on Pennsylvania Ave. runs the country.

Performers should get a raise, and everyone else should go.......Oh, but that wouldn't be fair. Sorry, I have to remember who I work for. My Bad....

Nauseating....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"If I had a son like ........ he would look just like me". No diversity training needed here. I bet J.L. thought this was cool.

Both are idiots.....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen to this poster!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will delay any sort of payout during the freeze - no matter how hard or successfully you work. Then when it's time to it pay people again - after the freeze - they will have amnesia and it will become "what have you done for me lately."

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait, our quarterly bonuses will be cut too! How many of you were rated lower than you had been in previous years? I would like to find out, please post. Lilly will be using your overall rating to determine your fifth payout. If you ended up not doing well in your YTD rankings you will automatically be rated low successful or unsatisfactory so Lilly won't have to pay much out for the fifth payout. They will heavily rate your rankings over your behaviors so it's in their favor and you can't say shit about it! So much for VBS, CVM or how you interact with your customers,. It's all about Lilly! Why wouldn't they say Lilly would be paying bonuses at a reduction of 10% what you normally would be paid. Instead they purposely rate you lower and it makes you mad as hell! I would rather tell us a truthful rating but tell us we would get paid at a percentage lower due to year YZ. This would make you feel more confidence in yourself better morale overall, and be more understanding about Lilly! FU Lilly! Upper management is a bunch of liars!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fewer people who need severance in the next round if they push us out earlier through pressure or decreases in bonus.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who came up with this one?
    Do we want engaged employees or disengaged?
    So you have a large percentage of the sales force placed into positions they didn't want to be in and now you are not giving an increase and keep cutting bonuses. WOW, wait to keep us motivated. I really want to sell more.