Cluster 1 October Layoffs TO BE MASSIVE !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ho long can we keep our cars after we are notified that we have been cut?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we are not a result based organization anymore. we hear all the time if you get results you will get rewarded, but that is complete BS. we need a 3rd party to come in and completely clean house at HQ

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two weeks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer or Merck? posted same on Merck forum but somebody in Nov. is cleaning house of reps..wife's friend works side job doing sample audits,, just a couple maybe a month..they got word come Nov. to be ready for 20+ audits (1000+ nationwide) ..either company is gung ho to count some samples or they plan on closing lot of folks out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yea and my friend works for a fleet company and they were told to come in on a weekend and collect cars

another friend works for the gas side and closing out gas cards.

BLAH BLAH BLAH you're post is stupid and we hear that stuff every time there is a re-org. it's the urban legend of pharma

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"we hear that stuff every time there is a re-org." , uh, yeah, funny how you hear that stuff every time there's a re-org coming and then a re-org happens..must be a coincidence, just saying if you had $10 bucks, I'd bet $5 on PF and $5 on Merck having reorg this Nov.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you'll win both bets.

Calls go out this Wed for PF PC, and Merck had a CC that specific salesforces would downsize. Merck PC just downsized PC a few months ago, so don't expect to see them do it again in before end of 2014.

I believe Merck is shrinking infertility, some women's health, and other targeted sales groups. Not a huge number, but cuts none the less

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the update!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You keep the cars for 2-3 months. They don't cut off your card. There is a process every rep went through all these years. It's gonna be fine either way. Reps land on their feet all the time that have been laid off with Pfizer. We've seen it for years! It may not pay as much but that's the real world. Stay humble and remember that's why you choose family over a job.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. Came over from Pharmacia and could not believe the focus on activity and spending of money vs selling. Reps were all trying to get their name to a program regardless of the percent to quota just to add it to their activity sheet. Not impressed at all. Even 3 in a car was a huge joke RMs checked the box with time in field

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Focus on activity + spending budget by May + addition of multiple field forces to sell one drug +promoting of Pfizer bottom feeders and cronies to management and marketing leads

= sinking of a once powerful company

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Horrible news today! Many good employees let go!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good employees, but this isn't a real job with real responsibilities. If you don't make your quota for your whole career but show you are capable of doing so, is that really a real job? Answer is no. Not sure it is worth trying since actual sales results dont matter.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gsk here....just wanted to reach out and say I'm sorry you all have to go thru this. Best of luck to you all.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ here. Good luck to all. Was the layoff mainly management, or were reps involved? Hope the number was/is small!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember over the years many great reps have been laid off. It was hard and frankly shocking. But it will be ok and you will come out this ok. Many reps land on their feet!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok. I'm at home waiting for my call. I should get it in an hour and a half. Has anyone else heard yet? Good luck everyone.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, calls have come in...safe this time, but a lot more driving in my future...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

congrats to you…i imagine we will all start hearing very soon.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news for Louisiana reps??